• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Mass Awakening Documentary Intro (Mark III)

Please watch in 480 if you can.

I'm still having some quality issues so please bear with blockiness. I'm going to get hold of sorenson squeeze and see if that improves it some. Second, I'll make some of the clips smaller to improve quality. The fade to blacks are still blocky on YT. So I'm going to get rid of them.

Mass Awakening is a documentary showing new technology and ideas for a better future for humanity. It presents a vision of a free, self-sustaining house or local area. I have an hour in production. This is my first ever film project so it'll take a while to get it to full strength. I'm not asking anyone to give me a break. But give it time. And give me some feedback so I know what to improve.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bNehXIJahI

Notes:

- 80 per cent of clips are cleared, but not all, so the vid's not public yet. I want to get feedback before I go asking for permission for the remaining clips.
- The 1st, 3rd, and 4th songs are cleared. I still have to get the rights for the second. That should be doable. It's an obscure British indie band from the nineties.
I think I could get net only permission for a few hundred.
- I know a lot of the clips are different sizes. I'm going to work on conforming the sizes later...
- The entire documentary movie will be feature length.
- I have yet to do proper credits. I'll do that over the next few days once I get feedback. Again, the vid is not going public til I sort out these issues.

BTW, thanks for nothing, asshats.

No matter how amateurish it is now, do you really mean to say you can't see the value in a movie that showcases water, food and energy technology for a better future?

I have seen you cream yourselves over the lamest, most trivial stuff in here. A one minute short on a handycam about a Robot that wants to be human will get 5 replies.

A movie attempting to tackle the biggest issues of our time. Nothing. No replies.

If you look around and see big pharma, big banks, big GM food, and big water encroaching on your freedoms, and you wonder how this came about, it's cos you were busy doing nothing.

You might at least give someone a few pointers.

Rant over. You are all genuinely intelligent, funny people. I learnt a lot here.

Will successive incarations of this movie go mega-viral and light up the world? Or am I delusional douchebag?

Only time will tell, asshats, only time will tell.

Vaya con carne, putos y muchachos.

Last edited:
I'll have you know that wearing an ass on your head can be rather comfortable. ;)

I'm sorry nobody commented on this. This cut is miles ahead of that first cut you showed a while ago that I commented on. For this one, if I were to re-edit, I would keep it basically as is, but make those cuts faster, move the narration along faster, keep your audience's mind racing. You've done a good job of combining an explicitly-stated outline with a satyrical future scenario; I'd just give us the same goods, but faster.

I ain't blowing smoke up your ass when I tell you that I'd really like to see the final product, so please let me know where I can see it when it's done!

Thanks pal...

This cut is miles ahead of that first cut you showed a while ago that I commented on.

Yes, that's the key, right? I made it miles better in 6 weeks, so think what I could do in 6 months. I took on board the points you made in a PM a while ago, and came up with a cut that gets right to the point. You were right, it was too long.

You are hereby invited to the Cannes 2012 premiere, CF. The rest of you asstrumpets are blacklisted. HA!

I'll be back in 6 months or so.

Peace on Earth

Back