MANDY.COM

Hey gang. I just was curious if anyone uses mandy.com AND most of all, I want to know - if anyone knows - is the mandy.com film market to be taken seriously? It looks like some legit companies are listed on there and they are demanding high prices. Do films get sold through this website? It almost seems too simple! Does anyone know if distributers seriously look through mandy.com and purchase the rights to films? Thanks!

P.S. Didn't know which section to post this in.

Just read this blog post tonight. That was the first time I'd heard anyone mention Mandy.com in years, and now It's been mentioned twice in the same day.

Weeeiiiirrrdddd.

I used it long ago to find a job in Austin, but haven't had much use for it since.

Sorry.

Legit companies are represented on mandy and films do get sold.
doesn't mean it's easy, or likely. I posted the info on my movie
"dark crimes" there and got dozens of responses from legit
companies - including several I had already contected and been
turned down by.

It's not that simple. mandy.com isn't going to be the end of your
search for a distributo - but it can't hurt.

viva mandy

I just had a very pleasant experience with Mandy.com a couple months ago, I used their casting call postings to pretty much find the cast for my project....other sites, flyers, everything else I got one or two people, but I got a) an insane amount of people, and b) people who were way out of my league just responding...because they obviously respond to everything.

Anyway, I got my two leads and a couple supportings from them, and they've been a joy to work with, happy with what mandy gave me.

Mike

I use it to post casting and crew calls mostly, find the occasional job on there. Haven't had a need for them beyond that though.

Back