• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Maltempi - Comedy Short

Maltempi is a short comedy about a CEO of a soft toy company whose world begins to collapse when it turns out one of his products contains a powerful hallucinogen. We are using it as a taster for a sit-com we're pitching at the moment. All feedback welcome

There's a 40 second trailer at this link too if you don't immediately have time for the full 8 minute film:

http://www.parsleyproductions.co.uk/comedy

The actors were pretty good, and it felt a lot like... I want to say either The Office or Teachers.

The car scene seemed at tad off. I think it would have been improved if you simply didn't use the music.

I think one of the major problems with the entire thing was the conflict between actors - the man with the monkey in the beginning and the man on the street licking the monkey were both very over-the-top, whereas everyone else did incredibly well. The man at the beginning could have been less forceful, and the man on the street could have done without actually licking the monkey, rather just holding it to his face.

During his rant after storming off set, the man looked directly into the camera - kind of a big no no, really, but it was so short I wouldn't have called it a problem, and it would have been sorted by just shooting that shot again (it looked like an accident on his behalf anyway).

A very nice short film actually, very well done :) Felt very professional. Good luck with the pitch!

Thanks for the comments. The film will be shown at the Iron Mule Short Comedy Film Festival at 92Y Tribeca NYC on 1st October. We hope to be able to make the screening and it would be great to meet some local filmmakers.

Back