Magic Lantern

Does anyone have the Magic Lantern? I installed it yesterday on my 60D and at first time my camera crashed so I just uninstalled it as was afraid I might harm it... Pity as I heard it is pretty good firmware :(

Have you updated the Canon firmware to match? Magic Lantern can only run on the specified Canon firmware, so check that out.

yup I did, I installed it and I had it but then I wanted to "use it" and everything started to blink and going crazy... I got scared and uninstalled it immidiately, but looking on youtube nobody complains...

I don't remember how I did it. But there is some sort of feature, that for some reason went and tested everything on my camera (60D). To get it to stop, I had to simply turn off the camera and turn back on. I was going through the ML menus, messing with the things I don't normally mess with. (I've mainly used the HDR bracketing and timelapse features). I wanted to see what other things there were. I'm wondering if you might have hit this as well?

Did it seem like your camera was cycling through every feature? Taking photos, and video, and wouldn't respond to anything other then turning the camera off?

As I said, I have it installed on my 60D and have had no issues.

Did you get the correct version for the 60D? Sucks you're having issues.. I love ML, and have loaded it onto all my SD cards.

One other thought, what size SD card are you using? I remember reading that it would work on a 64gig card, but it couldn't be loaded the first time from a 64gig card.

Well at the moment it's going OK... but Im confused... I use class 6 and class 10 SanDick 16GB...

What is so COOL about ML? So far the only thing I find "useful" is the crop thing... :)

now for some silly reason when I record even 10 sec of footage and play it, it cuts to 1 or 2 seconds Eh... Had to restart it to film again and it's fine... but that is not a good thing when you have only one chance to film... It doesnt look too trustworthy to me... but I do like the cropmakr and ghosting uh and the focus as well... But the risk of not having the scene filmed...

now for some silly reason when I record even 10 sec of footage and play it, it cuts to 1 or 2 seconds

how exactly does't it cut ? Does it show the buffer icon (a vertical icon with white rectangles inside that fill up) ?

Maybe a class 6 isn't enough. Does it do it with the class 10 too ? are these cards the SanDisk Extreme HD Video ?

I use a 32GB Extreme 45mb/s (I think class 10) SanDisk and it works perfectly. Only issues I've had are when I accidently formatted it wrong (and so just had to re install ML) and when I accidently messed with the bit rate settings...

But I don't think it's crashed before

Does it show the buffer icon (a vertical icon with white rectangles inside that fill up) ?

is THAT what that is. I noticed it a while ago and genuinely hold breath in fear until it goes away.

Yeah I had issues when I messed with the bit rates, obv couldn't handle it and kept stopping recording. So leaft as they were.

Back