Madison Media Institute?

Hey everyone,

since I want to pursue a career in filmmaking, I've begun looking at film schools in the state of Wisconsin. My search has led me from nearly every University of Wisconsin (Whitewater/Eau Claire/Milwaukee/Fill-in-the-blank) to Madison Media Institute.

I'm just wondering if there's anybody here who knows someone who's attended or have gone to MMI themselves and could tell me what it's like. The course sounds really good, something that surprised me is that it's only 60 weeks long. Surely there would be more to learn about film/video than in that alloted time?

I've read reviews both praising and loving or criticizing and hating-on MMI, and since I'm really kinda paranoid about the whole "gee, I don't want to waste a billion dollars at a school I'll hate", I just can't decide if I should rule it out or not. Every other University in Wisconsin just has a basic course (if that), and barely cover the basics.

What do you guys think?

Thanks anyway, Murdock. That's not surprising seeing as you're from Dallas. :P

Would anybody else happen to know anything about MMI? The more research I do the better it sounds. Curiously enough, a lot of the reviews discrediting it are by guys who can't type to save their lives, and most of the reviews praising it are from girls who can type/actually speak English and use grammar properly. Dunno if that means anything. :P

Back