• Popcorn Points determine how popular a video is. You can click the popcorn bucket or simply react (Like, Love, etc.) and it will register a vote.

Made a music video using only stock video

Nice work—the overlay effect with the original shot definitely helps tie together the narrative. I've used this technique before myself on some of my music videos, but the hardest part for me is finding shots that feel like they're part of a continuous story and/or visual language. One place that has longer videos to choose from (if you can stand the lower resolutions and older formats) is the Internet Archive. Though I wonder if with some of the new upscaling, stabilizing and reconstructing AI techniques that can be used to enhance footage if this won't be a trove very soon.

Nice work—the overlay effect with the original shot definitely helps tie together the narrative. I've used this technique before myself on some of my music videos, but the hardest part for me is finding shots that feel like they're part of a continuous story and/or visual language. One place that has longer videos to choose from (if you can stand the lower resolutions and older formats) is the Internet Archive. Though I wonder if with some of the new upscaling, stabilizing and reconstructing AI techniques that can be used to enhance footage if this won't be a trove very soon.
Thanks! I will definitely look into the Internet Archive. Never thought of that as a video source :) I didn't use overlays much before, but now I appreciate them very much. Definitely a technique worth looking into and also can deliver good visuals, imho.

Last edited:
Yeah the overlay to create story (guitar playing for girl) was cool, gives me ideas. :)

Back