Machete

Anyone else seen it?

My opinion: It's basically EL MARIACHI retold with a political bent. Should have remained a fake trailer and nothing more.

It was all right. I liked the ladies the most in the movie. I can see why some would not like this movie as much as some of the others he has done. Still it was a fun pop corn movie to watch.

I loved it. Me and my girl both knew what we were about to witness.. but watching a man fly out the window while holding on to somebody's intestines.. that was just f**king brilliant!

OP: I don't think I can see the connectrion between machete and mariachi, besides them being both from mexico..

Last edited:
I will admit that I liked the entrails gag.

And the movie wasn't bad...just extremely reminiscent of the EL MARIACHI/DESPERADO storyline.

Like CF, I guess I was expecting something along the lines of PLANET TERROR. Instead it seems like RR couldn't decide if he wanted to make a serious action film that scrutinized current issues or a plain ol' exploitation flick.

I just watched it.

I was expecting it to funnier than it was. But there was plenty of tongue in cheek humor and action, enough to make it an entertaining flick for me.

And yes, the entrails part was the best. i was laughing while grabbing my stomach at the same time.

Back