software-related Luma Labs Creates AI Videos For You

sfoster

Staff Member
This tool creates videos from text.

It's FREE for up to 5 videos a day - try it now!

Here was my first attempt "wide shot of a flying dragon breathing fire onto an isolated deep sea lighthouse on a small island"

It took about 8 minutes to generate. Quite underwhelming.... 😆

2nd attempt I tried something simpler

"teenager riding a jet ski on a giant tidal wave in the ocean"

Booo :angry:

Last edited:
I tried it out. For serious film banking purposes it's not even as good as what I've already got built so I paid attention to it for about two hours and then tossed it into the garbage. I think they really cherry picked their examples to a crazy degree, People got excited and sent them a bunch of money and they're just gonna fold within a month or two.

Basically text to video is never really gonna work out for filmmaking, You simply need a lot more control to direct a film than you do to make a funny image for a gif or a tick tock. Video to video is what I'm doing and that does actually work, Though I'm not gonna say it's the only thing that will ever work, Just the only thing that actually works right now, sort of, with a lot of manual intervention.

Here's the mentality that separates those two branches. In text to video people think they can make a film by rolling the dice all the time and then only taking credit for all the perfect rolls. With video to video you still have to make the entire film yourself, but then it can be converted in post from below the quality threshold for publication to above the quality threshold for publication.

You can hybrid the two a little bit, to save time, and that's potentially effective, but you'll never really be able to put in a text prompt and have it spit out a "good" movie.

RG3 We'll be out in a few days and I'll use that for some minor stages where it can really accelerate things, But I'd never try to make a film with it. More stuff like "produce an alpha channel animation of a slim man walking down a winding road at a leisurely pace." Once I have that subasset I can use stronger technology with greater consistency to sculpt that into something creative and cohesive.

TLDR, These toy ais are cool but you're going to need something with more than two buttons on it to make Goodfellas.

Last edited:
Yeah this is very abysmal compared to Sora, but at least it's available to tinker with.
Yeah an alpha channel and generate a monster for a creature feature would be good use of AI tech

Back