• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

low lighting hv30

hello,
I have a project that I am kind of contemplating whether to do now mostly due to it having many night shots (particularly in bedrooms as it deals with dreams.) I have a canon hv30 and found a few posts giving some discussions on the best settings for low light with the camera, but none were actual directions.
I was wondering if any of you know the best settings for low light so I can test it because now when I test there is still much grain and quality loss.
And then I thought I should really work on lighting, of course, but it's still at night and actually lighting is the main aspect I'm diggin into deeper now and learning bout (not too long ago got shotgun mic to help w/ sound). I might be able to get available lights and do much planning and work to get shots, but it's hard to balance it with keeping it believable in the dark (and Idk if I want to handle all that work on my own w/ time at this moment). So should I make it easier and for now do projects with more light? I heard film is awesome in low light anyways, so it seems that works better for these situations for obvious reasons. Maybe I should put it on a shelf until better resources may hopefully come available in the distant future (I'm a sophmore in high school).
Sorry it's long, i'll shut up. Thnaks again!

Back