• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch "Low Budget" a comedy about indie filmmaking

My first bit of advice would be to get a domain name, a slick website, and put your movie up or sale on the site. Then contact online retailers like Amazon, and put it up for sale there.

Then visit, join, and share your film with other online communities that would be intersted.

Then contact sites that review films...send them your EPK (electronic press kit), a copy of the film, and wait for the reviews to come in.

A member recently posted a link about this very thing...check it out: http://www.filmindependent.org/film-independent-blog/1216

Good luck.

Last edited:
Thanks

Thanks, that's great advice. We have put up a website as well as made the DVD available for sale. I love Createspace! I've used them on my docs:

Against The Odds

What did you guys think about releasing the episodes online? did you like the one I already put up?

-JJ

Good work JJ...good acting and the girls were...ahem...well...perfect examples of what's good about LA! I won't say any more just in case they're your girlfriends!

You could try YouTube and trying to get some interest there, but I've had no luck with that myself. The thing about showing it on the web is so far, I haven't found any way to make a buck that way. And getting interest from anyone who is someone is pretty tough too. I've come to the conclusion that it's 100% luck, and 10% good work. I know it doesn't add up, so just throw the 10% good work out to make it fit.

Either way, good luck!

Chris

What did you guys think about releasing the episodes online? did you like the one I already put up?

Amaaaaazzzinnng... The style of the Office with the best comedic content of shady low budget filmmaking... great acting. Loved the jokes about Canada "en francais"... I could easily see this getting picked up as a web/tv series.

Great job!

Promo?

Thank you all for your support, glad to hear you like the film. As a special offer for members of this forum, you can use the code: inditalk0403 to get the "Low Budget" DVD for $6 (USD) until April 15th 2009.

Just enter it into the "Special Instructions" note in the PayPal checkout screen and you will be refunded the difference from the purchase price within 24hrs of the purchase.

avpfo9.jpg

Click Here to find out more about buying the DVD.

Thanks!
-JJ

I wanted to thank everyone who has already purchased a DVD of Low Budget, we really appreciate the support, and it's nice to see so many people interested in the film.

Episode 2 "Pre-Production" has just been released on our website:
http://www.LowBudgetComedy.com

@barnaclelapse, Yes, I believe Netflix still accepts indie submissions, we're going to try for it. Wish us luck :)

Well, I was going to offer my advice, but M1chae1 already posted my link. Folks the world of distribution is changing and it's an awesome time. I suggest learning everything you can about marketing. That future of independent filmmaking will be marketing and PR driven!

Thought it might be encouraging to know that you're film somehow found it's way to my path last week on twitter or some other social networking site, a click over and watched the videos and enjoyed it very much. So if nothing else, that kind of exposure and initiative on a larger scale is bound to serve you well.

Well, I was going to offer my advice, but M1chae1 already posted my link. Folks the world of distribution is changing and it's an awesome time. I suggest learning everything you can about marketing. That future of independent filmmaking will be marketing and PR driven!

It's true, I've been working hard at getting the word out there and from what I've seen, you can do a lot more with marketing and PR these days then you ever could before. A lot of producers are considering this path versus traditional distribution. I worked with distribs on my documentaries and the experience wasn't that good, it took forever to do anything and when they did sell the films, it took them almost a year to actually pay us. Then again, for us to try and sell this to TV at tv and film markets would be very hard without a distributor behind us.

Thought it might be encouraging to know that you're film somehow found it's way to my path last week on twitter or some other social networking site, a click over and watched the videos and enjoyed it very much. So if nothing else, that kind of exposure and initiative on a larger scale is bound to serve you well.

Thanks slacker, that's great to hear that you've seen the film through other sources.

just got my DVD and watched the full thing! Loved it! Really amazing movie! Did you ever screen it at the Bloor?

just got my DVD and watched the full thing! Loved it! Really amazing movie! Did you ever screen it at the Bloor?

Cool, great to hear you liked the full film. Now I just have to find another 10,000 people like you to buy the DVD :)

Yes, we did actually screen it a the Bloor Cinema when post production was completed. It was mainly for cast and crew, but there is a review of the film in Eye Weekly. (this is in Toronto, where the film was partially shot and edited, in case anyone else was wondering). We actually shot a scene right outside the Bloor, when they are coming out of the limo and everyone is cheering.

Cool, great to hear you liked the full film. Now I just have to find another 10,000 people like you to buy the DVD :)
We actually shot a scene right outside the Bloor, when they are coming out of the limo and everyone is cheering.

Yeah, I noticed that and I swear I might've even seen you guys filming (I live practically down the street).

Anyway, I hope you find another 10,000! The movie was a lot of fun and had some really great moments in there anyone else who's attempted low budget stuff would LOVE. Again, a good buy for anyone here.

jjonasz, I loved the first episode. The acting was great, as was the editing. I plan on watching the other episodes soon. I couldn't tell if it was the camera or the streaming quality but if you had an industry quality camera I think you'd have a broadcast-able (is that right?) show. Great job, I'm impressed.

jjonasz, I loved the first episode. The acting was great, as was the editing. I plan on watching the other episodes soon. I couldn't tell if it was the camera or the streaming quality but if you had an industry quality camera I think you'd have a broadcast-able (is that right?) show. Great job, I'm impressed.

Thanks! We shot the film on a pair of DVX100s on 24p. The quality is pretty good, and these days it's probably good enough for broadcast. The trick is to find a broadcaster, a lot of them are hesitant because it's a such a niche topic film.

Here's episode 5 "German Acting Technique".. please rate us and/or comment the video on Youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qx1DbCrnoSM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qx1DbCrnoSM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Back