• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Loose Cannon wants to produce and fund your next project!

Loose Cannon aims to promote new talent in the film industry. We are looking to develop short films that showcase new talent or technique. Please visit our webpage - http://www.vlfilms.co.uk/VL_Films_London_Wedding_Videography/Loose_Cannon.html for more info on how to submit your outline and get your film in production.

ps - if anyone thinks this post might be applicable to friends please do spread around. We are looking to produce around 10 short films a year ands this is a great oppertunity for up and coming filmmakers.

Best,
Loose Cannon Team

Unfortunately this is only open to projects where the base of production is in the UK. Films also need to be shot in the UK to apply.

LCE

And how much investment are you offering?

Hi Nick

This will be dealt with on an individual basis. We are not solely offering finance. We want to take an active role in producing short films and work in conjunction with directors, writers and producers to launch their profile by presenting their work before industry professionals.

Effectively we want to provide a spring board for talent. So the emphasis isn't on the amount of cash we are putting up - its on utilizing our industry ties to promote up and coming talent.

Best,
LCE

Hi Nick

This will be dealt with on an individual basis. We are not solely offering finance. We want to take an active role in producing short films and work in conjunction with directors, writers and producers to launch their profile by presenting their work before industry professionals.

Effectively we want to provide a spring board for talent. So the emphasis isn't on the amount of cash we are putting up - its on utilizing our industry ties to promote up and coming talent.

Best,
LCE

Ok, fair enough. That's obviously a very different proposition though.

Out of curiosity, what is in it for you? What sort of agreement would I have to sign in order to have you produce and fund my next film? Or is this angel investment?

effectively yes, for joint ownership of the material - the position that any production company would take!

That's fair but if you want joint ownership in exchange for contacts, they better be pretty good contacts!

Do you have any examples of previous work you've supported? Or the type of assistance that you'd be able to give? I understand if you don't want to be too specific in public but I think it will help people get interested if they have a better idea of what you're offering.

:)

For some reason, upon moving the thread, the comment I left was lost.

Apologies for the De ja vu. :)

Is this an initiative to fund a project of the creator; meaning the creators own perogative for directon, crew choice etc. Or, is it the (successful) material being option by your Production company, and produced?

The latter isn't of interest. There's too many "what ifs" that comes with most optioned funding initiatives. There's an abundance of organisations offering opportunity, but if it's of this mould, the latter, it's too up in the air and uncertain to allow most to contend.

Upon reading the above comments. I'd still believe the contacts and "ties" to the industry are not enough to substantiate a "funding" platform. I know you've spoken of "not soley finance" but given there's no cap and/or mention of a limit, in funding terms, that suggest the money would have to be raised or bargained for as any other Creative would without signing over 50% of their ownership.

So it would appear more as a collaboration opportunity (with the benefit of your contacts) rather than an opportunity for a creator to pursue funding.

To be clear we want to develop in partnership. For more information please visit http://www.vlfilms.co.uk/VL_Films_Lo...se_Cannon.html.
Thanks
LCE

Absolutely.

I did check out that link earlier but it doesn't really give any more detail.

I'd definitely be interested in discussing the initiative further and I understand that you may not want to be too specific about your intentions in public and before a deal has manifested itself.

Back