Looking To Join a Film Crew

I'm new to this forum and I've been meaning to start a film crew of some sort because I write scripts and I'm learning how to direct but I rather just write scripts. I'm having trouble meeting people who are interested in films as much as I am. I'm from Connecticut but I go to college in Boston, I graduate college next year and would like to meet some people who are interested in making films.

Hi Emerald.

I live in maryland but my GF goes to school in boston. I'll be up there again either jan or feb.

Can't really offer you a crew position though since I'm not doing any filming in boston.

Sounds good would still like to meet to ask for advice on making films and stuff because I'm looking to direct my first film in fall of next year. It's sort of an indie film on drugs and I'm trying to learn how to do effects.

Sounds good would still like to meet to ask for advice on making films and stuff because I'm looking to direct my first film in fall of next year. It's sort of an indie film on drugs and I'm trying to learn how to do effects.

I'm still an amateur ("indie?") and haven't made my first feature but I've done a few shorts and spent a lot of time reading the advice on this board. I'm sure I can answer some questions.

My first bit of advice would be to start with something as short as possible from start to finish and then go from there.

There are lots of activities going on. You can check Craigslist, Newenglandfilm.com, Hollywood East to name a few. There is probably more activity in the Boston and South Shore area.

This:

You can start here...

http://www.meetup.com/find/movies-f...setts,+USA&mcId=c2108&change=yes&sort=default

And, rather than starting your own project, work on other projects in any capacity you can. You gain experience and, more importantly, you start building your network of fellow filmmakers.

and this:

My first bit of advice would be to start with something as short as possible from start to finish and then go from there.

You need experience and people. These 3 pieces of advice are the way to get both.
I understand you want to start with a feature?
Start smaller, much smaller.
Make mistakes, learn, make more, learn more and grow as a filmmaker before making a feature, so you won't make them in a project that asks a lot of time and effort from a lot of people including yourself.

Welcome to IT, BTW :)

I make short films a little North of Boston. I've only been in New England for the last few years so I'm just kind of putting together a skeleton crew. Right now we're a small group and everyone volunteers their time. I'm not working on anything now but probably will in 2016.

I make short films a little North of Boston. I've only been in New England for the last few years so I'm just kind of putting together a skeleton crew. Right now we're a small group and everyone volunteers their time. I'm not working on anything now but probably will in 2016.

That's fine with me. I'm just beginning myself so it would just be nice to meet people who share the same interest and also learn from people who work on film.

In other regards I will start filming my shorter films next year so I can continue to improve and one day hopefully write this feature film that I finished writing earlier this year. Also I wrote TV pilot any idea of where I can send it to?

Back