Looking to collaborate with a writer on a Narrative driven game project!

Hello! I am looking to collaborate with a writer on a game/narrative project. I am a programmer and have developed a branching dialogue tool for creating dialogue sequences in a game. I am not much of a writer myself so I thought I would network here and hopefully find someone who would be interested in working together long term. This is not revshare project at the moment. If the project gets to the point where it will be released we can discuss revsharing based on mutual effort and resources put into the project.

The goal for now is to create a short story or an episode with it.

Attached here is a demo of old version of the node based branching Dialogue tool. It procedurally places the camera allowing for easy creation of dialogue sequences.

Some games that inspire me are Life is Strange and the style of Wolf Among Us, and a game called Frog Detective.

If you have awesome story ideas that would work well in narrative games, I’d be interested in hearing about it and potentially working with you!

Contact Method: Please PM me your writing portfolio or list in a reply to this post! I will contact you if I am interested in proceeding further!

If anyone has any questions or would like more info please let me know!

Last edited:
Hey,

this looks very interesting!

I'm not a writer unfortunately but I hope you've already found one to start this project with.

If so and you're at a point to think about music let me know, like I said, looks very interesting.

This is basically my portfolio:

Best,
Laios

Hello! I am looking to collaborate with a writer on a game/narrative project. I am a programmer and have developed a branching dialogue tool for creating dialogue sequences in a game. I am not much of a writer myself so I thought I would network here and hopefully find someone who would be interested in working together long term. This is not revshare project at the moment. If the project gets to the point where it will be released we can discuss revsharing based on mutual effort and resources put into the project.

Attached here is a demo of old version of the node based branching Dialogue tool. It procedurally places the camera allowing for easy creation of dialogue sequences.

Some games that inspire me are Life is Strange and the style of Wolf Among Us, and a game called Frog Detective.

If you have awesome story ideas that would work well in narrative games, I’d be interested in hearing about it and potentially working with you!

Contact Method: Please PM me your writing portfolio or list in a reply to this post! I will contact you if I am interested in proceeding further!

Interesting. I might be just what you're looking for. Feel free to contact me if you'd like to start a dialogue, no pun intended. What you're working on and what I'm working on have some similarities. I'm still working up a full presentation of the idea, but it's a very large scope project, and I'd be doing everyone involved a disservice to try and explain it in a few sentences.

Hi. I'm a writer but not a programmer. Can you do two projects at once?

Hi Oliver,
What exactly do you want to see ?
And without a story how do you start making ?
I'm a professional writer/director and looking for a developer
who can help me to program and coding of game.
If you're interested we can talk more in my email
mtc13atc@gmail.com

Back