Looking forward to my firs project, however....

...you know, I am so looking forward to shooting my first project. I have a good idea and some positive feedback from the subjects of the documentary I am planning, however....

...well, I'm not feeling overwhelmed (yet), just lacking in free time and anxious to get started....
...I'm not scared off (which proves I must be crazy to think about doing this filmmaking thing...)
...I'm not daunted, this is the most creative thing I have done in years...
...I'm waiting to hear from some grant providers, hurry up and wait....

...but the one thing that being on this site has done for me is show me, with brutal clarity, just how big the forest actually is. I guess I would be unrealistic to not question my going into this field. I figure, if I am going to be broke anyway, I might as well be broke doing what I want to do with my life as opposed to hating what I am doing.

I am not willing to give up this new journey I am about to take, I guess I am just getting cold feet, but I know it would break my heart to not do this.

...I'm not depressed, just in need of alittle pep talk. Can anyone give me any words of wisdom?
I sure could use some right now..... :blush:

--spinner

I am not willing to give up this new journey I am about to take

Case closed :cool:

_______

The important thing to remember is:

Delegation :)

You'll keel over from stress if you insist on "wearing all the hats" like most first-timers do.

_______

When (not if) a problem occurs while shooting, you have two ways of dealing with it:

• Chicken Little and the sky is falling!
  • The best & most efficent way to correct this is <fill in the blank>

You'll do fine, if you can pick the best reaction from that short list. :cool:

_______

I know everyone is probably sick and tired of a Joseph Campbell quote (given Lucas and all-hehe) but I think he said it clearly and succinctly....'Follow your Bliss'....

You know in your heart that this is what you want to do.

spinner said:
Can anyone give me any words of wisdom?
I sure could use some right now..... :blush:

Spinner, in your hour of need, I quote Paul Weller:

'Hanging on the wire, I'm waiting for the change
I'm dancing through the fire, just to catch a flame
an' feel real again'

Nick Cave:

'Today`s the time for courage,
Tomorrow can be for forgiving'

follow your heart Spinner. sometimes you have to do things that you don't want to in order to become the person you always dreamt you could be.

Don't be afraid to get yourself in over your head - go for it!

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain." - Frank Herbert

"All of us are born with a set of instinctive fears--of falling, of the dark, of lobsters, of falling on lobsters in the dark, or speaking before a Rotary Club, and of the words "Some Assembly Required." - Dave Barry

Back