Looking for written articles of a certain style.

Hey, I'm looking for written articles from magazines for a piece of work but have no idea where to find them.

For me it's a written piece that's done in accompaniment with something else (the something else being a TV project) and I need two different styles of written article so I know how to format the ones I do.
One is like a glossy, celebrity esque thing and the other is more serious and informative in nature.

Just wondering if anyone knew where I could find stuff so I knew how to format this.

For the glossy you might try GQ, RollingStone, Vanityfare(ms), etc. You should be able to find a movie write up. For the other maybe your local "Observer"type free magazine that covers the local fare plus movies, concerts and what-not. Or the news paper. ???

Oh, okay.
Well there's a small practical part to the course (some of it's for school).
And the written bit is about the practical part, but in the form of magazine articles.

Maybe that makes more sense? If not forgive my lack of eloquence

your explanation is confusing but I think you have a school assignment that is asking you
1) to write a magazine type review of your tv production and
2) make the tv production itself.

There are sometimes shops especially in big cities that have old copies of magazines. There is also the library. There is a type of library, usually the main library in a city or county, that is called the "library of record."

They will have bound copies of old magazines from many years back. You can find old consumer magazines like Newsweek or Time. You can get old copies of high-brow magazines like the New Yorker. Sometimes these magazines will be on microfiche or other storage media.

You can get recent copies of consumer magazines for the entertainment stand at the checkout counter of a supermarket.

I assume you want to compare 2 types of writing about the same subject.

Back