Locations!!!!

I would like some information and advise on all rural locations around England but mainly Surrey!!

Looking for anything from ruins, abandoned buildings/ hospitals/ factories, castles, mines, crypts, you name it.

Or any websites with lists of abandoned places.

The advise I would like is how it works just going in and filming and what the worst that could happen scenario if anyone was to say anything. What are my rights etc. If not then who do you get in contact with and what would you say as I've had people tell me over the phone that there is nothing they can do to allow us to film.

If anyone has any answers to any of these questions then your advise would be appreciated :)

The advise I would like is how it works just going in and filming and what the worst that could happen scenario if anyone was to say anything.

Heh, forum member USNfilms had some interesting insight a few days ago, and that certainly isn't the worst that could happen.

Worst-case scenario is if you're running around with fake guns, and you get a genuine armed response. It happens on films with proper permitting, even. No telling what could happen if noone knows what the real situation is.

What are my rights etc.

Rights? I dunno about England, but your rights over here will be to remain silent and to have an attorney provided for you if you cannot afford one (and even that one is iffy) after you get arrested for trespass, or possibly breaking & entering.

who do you get in contact with and what would you say

Contact the property owners, and ask for permission. Know the details of your production. How many people, how many hours needed, etc. You don't sound very picky about specific locations, so hit up local private property owners instead of historic locations or government property. Consider getting production insurance, as that opens up a lot of location doors and is worth it if your project is going to be ongoing.

Back