Location Scout

Hey guys, I posted the location scout video for our upcoming feature, The Mushroom Man, online for the cast and crew to check out. The bulk of the film will be shot at Dome Country, site of the Wreck Beach Film Festival. I still am going to make another scout video for the other locations, but this is the primary site for most of the shooting.

Anyway, I'm posting it here so those interested can take a look... I'd be interested in any tips or suggestions you may have after seeing the location.

The "Dome Compound" is the secluded location of a mad-scientist who grows experimental mushrooms on a deranged quest to influence the evolution of mankind. This place is pretty unique enough to start with... but what could I do to make it even weirder?

99% of this location will be shot at "night" (a combination of day-for-night, magic hour, night shooting and indoor shooting with blacked out windows)... I've already decided on a fog machine and some gelled work lights for some general ambiance... but I'd love to throw this out at the community and see what crazy (cheap) ideas you can come up with!

Anyway, here's the video (it's about 10min- I wanted to be thorough as I'll only be up there once more before we shoot):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1x6-4TVzZj4

Back