Location, Location, Location please!!

Hi, Im new to this forum so dont be alarmed by this dorky question:

Is there a place on this forum or on the internet that I can get a list of "INDIE DIRECTORS" listed by the state that they live in........I tried going to OneModelPlace.com and the query results they returned were paltry.

A list like that must exist!!.....anybody know where?

There has to be though.....

I mean come on, if you have ever been to "OneModelPlace.com" there are literally millions of listings of entertainment industry people and their location.......there must be one for Indie Film Makers............they are more important than the actors and everybody...

....well maybe not the writters, but they are still more important than alot of people in the project.............so there must be a website that lists them.

rovtto said:
There has to be though.....

I mean come on, if you have ever been to "OneModelPlace.com" there are literally millions of listings of entertainment industry people and their location.......there must be one for Indie Film Makers............they are more important than the actors and everybody...

....well maybe not the writters, but they are still more important than alot of people in the project.............so there must be a website that lists them.

The director is the glue of the whole project, but without the proper pieces, what can he glue together?
It can't be seen as you describe it. It's team work, and he's the captain, but if you don't have an able-bodied crew to guide, your ship will sink. Actors are what the audience sees, the director simply descibes how they should be seen. If the actors cannot follow the director's bidding, even a good director might not be able to save the quality.

As for the directors list, I've never heard of one for independant directors. I suppose you'd have to pick an area, or a body of work and find a director that way. There's tons of good stuff on this site. Maybe if you put a listing for directors in said desired area, they will respond.

If you post it... they will reply.... :D

Spatula said:
The director is the glue of the whole project, but without the proper pieces, what can he glue together?
It can't be seen as you describe it. It's team work, and he's the captain, but if you don't have an able-bodied crew to guide, your ship will sink. Actors are what the audience sees, the director simply descibes how they should be seen. If the actors cannot follow the director's bidding, even a good director might not be able to save the quality.

:bow: :cool: Good posting.

Rovtto,

Networking?

Yeah I guess your right , but still think that the director is the man...

Im going to learn everything about that industry although my folks want me to stick to Economics and Computer Science.

but still think that the director is the man...

You'd better pray that Bird doesn't read that post.
smiley_creepy.gif

_______

I'm not aware of any such list either... though Craigslist might be worth a shot, I guess.

Back