• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Little Things

A short narrative and my first attempt at adding a little inspiration into my film-style.

I wanted to thank you all as well for supporting me on this forum for all this while. You great people are what have helped me develop into the filmmaker I am today. A big thanks to ChimpPhobiaFilms.

Without any more delay, I present, "Little Things".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xy3GGgSSo3g

Thank you Edward, I appreciate it :)

First off, one of your best yet. Along with Momentum, the finest I've seen from you... keep it up! I really liked the knife bit in the beginning, and the overall style of the film. The use of closeups was very nice, suiting the tone of the film very well, and the choice of angles and shot composition made the film more enjoyable and watchable. The DOF is great throughout, and while I usually think shallow depth of field is overdone, I thought it was put to good use in this short. The whole theme and the poem are well assisted by the visuals, making the "little things" such a large part of the film, making something seemingly mundane to be something more interesting than the mass majority of people would perceive it to be. The music was good as well, especially around 0:45.

There is some room for improvement. Mostly smaller details. In the knife bit in the beginning, the sound of him pulling it out was a tad loud, and I think by slightly lowering the volume, it might be a bit more convincing. Sometimes the image looked a bit too contrast-y too. The VO was well written and performed, although in some parts the audio seemed to peak and throughout there was subtle distortion, especially at the end. I also think it could have been tied up nicer, perhaps a shot moving out from the angel's face.

Looking forward to the next! :)

Thank you Edward, I appreciate it :)

First off, one of your best yet. Along with Momentum, the finest I've seen from you... keep it up! I really liked the knife bit in the beginning, and the overall style of the film. The use of closeups was very nice, suiting the tone of the film very well, and the choice of angles and shot composition made the film more enjoyable and watchable. The DOF is great throughout, and while I usually think shallow depth of field is overdone, I thought it was put to good use in this short. The whole theme and the poem are well assisted by the visuals, making the "little things" such a large part of the film, making something seemingly mundane to be something more interesting than the mass majority of people would perceive it to be. The music was good as well, especially around 0:45.

There is some room for improvement. Mostly smaller details. In the knife bit in the beginning, the sound of him pulling it out was a tad loud, and I think by slightly lowering the volume, it might be a bit more convincing. Sometimes the image looked a bit too contrast-y too. The VO was well written and performed, although in some parts the audio seemed to peak and throughout there was subtle distortion, especially at the end. I also think it could have been tied up nicer, perhaps a shot moving out from the angel's face.

Looking forward to the next! :)

Thanks so much, Chimp! Your words are very encouraging as is your constructive criticism.
Speaking of that criticism, I agree with every point listed. I just made a contact that will let me borrow their microphone for future use! Thanks again. (:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02K82uw4lio

My favorite band.. gavin has a job with me as soon as I'm famous
He did great in constantine imo

Last edited:
I'd be happy to work with you ... as long as I'm still in town. Moving out of MN by summer, but until then.. let me know. ;)

Moved out of Twin Cities as well, sadly. /: I don't think it's possible to change my username so it causes some confusion too, haha. But thanks a ton for the offer!

Back