• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Little Red Riding Hood

Hey guys, I'm kinda jumping around all over the forum today,

I'm currently study at "college", in a media type course, and we have been given an assignment to write a short screenplay about a modern adaption of the little red riding hood story.

I'll be honest, I'm struggling with coming up with anything creative, I'm not the type of writer, that can write to a certain limitation. I'm better at coming up with original ideas, but I guess I'll have to try with this assignment.

I am just curious, if you fine folk of indie talk could give me some up lifting advice, more some ideas, or inspiration, I'm definetly not looking to copy from anyone, I'd feel bad about it if I did, and something like that would be on my conscience for a long time.

We are pretty limited equipment and location wise, but I don't know if that will be a problem.

All advice is well appreciated.

Thanks for reading.

I'm currently study at "college", in a media type course, and we have been given an assignment to write a short screenplay about a modern adaption of the little red riding hood story.

I'll be honest, I'm struggling with coming up with anything creative, I'm not the type of writer, that can write to a certain limitation. I'm better at coming up with original ideas, but I guess I'll have to try with this assignment.
What a great course you are taking. Doing something that you are not
comfortable doing is a wonderful challenge. So much better than just
doing what you feel is easy. More courses should challenge students
like this.

And students should embrace the challenge. I did that all the time when
I was starting. And I never took a course or class. Hell, I do it now.
Stepping out of my comfort zone makes me MORE creative. Nothing quite
as great as discovering that while you think you are not "that type of writer"
you really are a more creative writer than you thought.

Back