Little different question thread - Acting

As much as I love and have passion for filmmaking, Acting has always been my big thing. Being that I'm 18 now (yea a little late to start, but whatever), I really want to try to break in. I've had a hell of a time trying to find an agent, or legit work in the field, I don't care if it's free or paid, at this stage, I just want to be noticed. Does anyone here know of any decent ways to finding an agent or just general film work? I've had two years of acting classes in high school, and won a Shakespeare competition, and took 4th place overall in the state wide contest of the one previously mentioned. Not that I really like Shakespearean acting, I just did it again, for any publicity and resume.

Brandon,

Find Indie work... create a 'quality' actor's reel (if you can) on DVD-R. Audition, audition and audition (like location, location and location for a business). Get comfortable (and learn to be 'honest' or 'in-touch' with yourself) in front of the camera. Find out that which makes you special or unique and capitalize on those attributes. Perfect practice makes perfect. Network. Read (and spend some time with scripts). Never too late.

I am NOT rich or famous. I do NOT know anyone that IS rich or famous. Just my two cents -- good luck. REMEMBER. It is never too late. Life is a journey and NOT a destination... laugh a little.

Thanks Don. I've been looking as much as I can, but can't find much. I guess joining something like actors access would probably be my best bet? I am working on filming a bunch or short clips that showcase my acting so I can build a reel. Are there any other places that post real auditions in NY, NJ, and PA? (From the Jersey Shore area, so for free work, traveling out of that area is too much). I'm enrolling in an acting for TV course over the summer, so I'm hoping the teacher might be able to help me out a little. I really appreciate your help and advice!

Back