• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

light for night car shots

hi,

i am making a short horror ......and the entire shoot is in the car and out side in the jungle in night

can you people advice me over the lighting ...as it wold be in country sides proper electricity wont be available do i need a generator or ups and what lighting should i use
please help

this isn't the most upscale of suggestions, but for lighting the inside of the car you could consider using a floodlight that plugs into the cigarette lighter with gels to give the inside of the car enough light to see what's happening, but natural color that you would expect to find inside of a car at night

Just don't imitate the dome light unless the car is parked. No one drives with the dome light on. If the car is on a highway you could simulate cars driving by lighting up the faces as they pass. Light, to dark, to light... combined with dash lights, red brake lights from in front when stopping. Lots of possibilities.

great good suggestions .....i am a editor by the way having my skills in softwares like ...after effects ,premiere ,fcp ....and i have done shorts in maya .........this is first time i am doing live action ......i knwo who is what ..means director of photography ....etc. but not familiar with short forms used in your forums ....i knwo 3 point lighting indie ...and i am taking more suggestions
and you ppl are advising good .....i never thought of having light on the lap of the actor it was great suggestion ...i was only thinking of shooting in car internal light

if i had to read books and make films then i wouldnt have asked for help here .....and i am not a professional filmmaker buddy so i am asking advices from you professionals .

He was just giving you advice man. Nothing personal. If you want to become a pro you should get all the info from as many sources as possible. Check your snarky attitude.

Back