• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Life Over Text: A nation...

Life Over Text is a national initiative against texting and driving. Me and a crew with minimal planning staged and accident, with four cameras filmed said accident in one take. Considering the fact that I had to go to the Hospital afterwards for a throat infection, and three of the camera operators were medical students, I think we did well. The film is what we show in high schools, and colleges. Cox Communications will hopefully be co-branding with us as soon as we go non-profit. It has issues, but it's pretty good considering it was made in under a week.

http://www.lifeovertext.org/Life_Over_Text/videomedia.html <<<Video

http://www.lifeovertext.org/ <<<Website

What do y'all think? By the way, everything was donated and no one is an actor except our victim. Her mom is actually her mom. The pastor is an actual pastor. Everything we said at the staged funeral was true.

Please only give CONSTRUCTIVE criticism, don't just say it sucks. Say it sucks, then tell me why!

**Filmed on two Panasonic AG-HMC-150's
One Panasonic AG-HMC-80
and a generic Canon that I found that shoots in full HD.**

I think its a good message, but who do you expect to sit through 18 mins worth of it. I remember when I was in high school. I would be asleep half way through this.

It's better than a State Trooper talking to you about, "It's the law!" We made a Communications student, an English Teacher and Counselor all cry and that's what we want. We want to associate emotional pain with texting and driving. We are also creating a few 30 second versions but it's still better than a State Trooper telling you about law.

Didn't mean to make you defensive. Sorry. But you asked what we thought.

As to making them cry. I would like to know when you make a 17 year old male high school student cry. Cause if I understand you, that's your target demographic. Their insurance is higher anyway. :)

I didn't realize death was so painful, until watching this video. It's been a real eye-opener.

To be honest, I think the only way you can get an average high-schooler to watch this is by adding more explosions and nudity.

I'm sorry, but as it is, it's like one of those How Things are Made videos, except for death, and without the narration.

What I mean to say is that if you truly want to connect with your audience, you need to entertain them, and you do that by telling a story.

I didn't realize death was so painful, until watching this video. It's been a real eye-opener.

To be honest, I think the only way you can get an average high-schooler to watch this is by adding more explosions and nudity.

I'm sorry, but as it is, it's like one of those How Things are Made videos, except for death, and without the narration.

What I mean to say is that if you truly want to connect with your audience, you need to entertain them, and you do that by telling a story.

I totally agree. Maybe it starts at a pool party? (bikinis)

The guys will pay attention and the girls will scoff the guys but they will watch just to see what the guys are so interested in. :)

Well that was why we had Coleen, the female driver do it. She's 20 attending UNR and she's hot. We might elaborate on that later, but we did this video in under 2-weeks because I worked with the engineering department which means beer, and MW3, then last minute everything. Also I didn't mean to get defensive, I was attempting to explain the decisions we made. The presenters will be smoking hot coeds hopefully that I know from high school.

But I do agree it's a little long, so that's why we are shortening it. But consider this. The whole program is under two months old. We hope to go nonprofit within the next two months.

Back