• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Liberius Short Possessed Horror Film Promo - Critiques?

Hey guys,

It's been almost two years now since I last endeavored on a film project and I think I have come a long way since then.

I recently directed my newest short film Liberius and want to know what you guys think so far. This is not the finished project and is only half of the film, it's mostly just a promo for the website FilmFights.com to help advertise that the film actually exists. Sound still needs to be mixed more, and the color needs to be more fine-tuned.

If you could check it out and tell me what you think of it so far, that would be awesome since I really appreciate your guys's opinions on this forum.

I just want to know if it looks dumb, corny, shot stupidly, if it's creepy, suspenseful, etc. I just want to know if I went down the right path with this film, especially since when it's done I really want to use it as a way to try and get funding to make my first feature if it could be a possibility.

LIBERIUS
An exorcist and his apprentice find a young woman in a small household possessed by a demon, and after they perform their standard ritual, things suddenly take a turn for the worst when the exorcism doesn't go as planned.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAuzWUO00pc

It's hard to tell from only 3 minute but I would deff. watch the whole stuff. I liked it, it was adequately creepy for a horror ;) and the acting, colouring, set etc. seemed also good.

It was really well done. Nice shots, acting spot on, sound was good. Possibly you can try using different background music. You said this was half the finished product...whats the other half about it?

Now just by watching this, my only concern would be with the story. Why should we (the audience) invest in these characters. What brought them to this exorcism? What are their flaws? I think you should really focus on the priest and his apprentice. Build a conflict between the two. Some suggestions: Evil priest? Abused apprentice? Tortured past? You can do anything.

thank for the reviews guys.

its nice to hear what people who aren't your friends or family think about the films you make

the full short should be done shortly, just working on fixing the sound and balancing it out

Thought it looked pretty good. Nicely created mood and atmosphere. Im not much of a fan of demonic possession movies though, and this really doesn't have anything new or original that would interest me, even if it were a big budget studio film with mainstream actors.

Thought it looked pretty good. Nicely created mood and atmosphere. Im not much of a fan of demonic possession movies though, and this really doesn't have anything new or original that would interest me, even if it were a big budget studio film with mainstream actors.

I agree. It doesn't feel like it hasn't been done before, but I liked the mood and tone.

I can dig this and see what you mean. What do you think could have made it more unique and better in your eyes?

I know it doesn't look like it in this 3-minute cut, but in the full short version I tried changing the main character from the one doing the exorcism to the one that's watching, who would be the main character in the feature length that I want to create for this film, with a version of this scene being the opening.

In the feature (if I ever get enough support with this film to make it) the Older Male character is set-up as this Mentor or "Super Hero" if you will, that keeps evil at bay by performing these exorcisms and he's trying to teach this Younger Male character (who is the heir to this position) how to follow in his steps.

Things seem all fine and dandy, and the world looks like it's in good hands until the Younger Male character accidentally kills his Mentor in an accident during another exorcism (happens in the first 20 minutes of the film). So now as more possessions begin to rise with the "Good Guy" finally gone, we're now stuck with someone who is completely not ready for his responsibilities thrown into the lion's den by reluctantly having to fill in the shoes of his mentor before all hell breaks loose.

I see almost every horror movie that comes out, while films like the Last Exorcism and the Rite have had elements that I enjoyed, I literally can not take one more exorcism flick. I had a chance to see the Devil Inside for free on DVD and passed it up, so I'm not really your target audience.

For me to want to actively see one of these of kinds of films would require some kind of crazy genre mashup. Exorcist meets Magnificent Seven, a small frontier town in the 1800s America is plagued by satanic possessions. The town priest goes in search of a posse of spiritual warriors to fight off the demonic plague.

Any genre mashup would excite me though, sci-fi, action, set durring a war, etc.

Back