Latest Goodwill find

Hi all,
Rubbing in my excelent goodwill fortune again..

today I brought home a O'Connar 50D fluid head on an IDI Super Stix tripod. $39. Thats a lot of money for goodwill.

Im not sure why this ONE goodwill keeps giving up film making finds...

From that same store over the last year...

3 photo floods
4 light stands
1 EOS 28mm f2.8 lens
This tripod
MD 50mm f.12 lens
200mm FD lens
today they also had an FD 50mm f1.8, I passed.

Hopefully find an old player then give it a listen and mull over the artwork. :)

nononononono....get thee to a DJ shop and get yourself a decent player. You don't have to go the whole hi-fi shop levitating plate isolated speaker route, but a decent modern turntable will do you much better than trying to maintain an old one! Direct drive if you can (they're more pricey, but replacing belts is a pain).

Vinyl is a bit of a hassle to maintain, but with a bit of care you can hear why certian groups of audiosnobs prefer it, other than the CHEAP RECORDS factor! We've a decent specialty shop here, and even there you can get used albums for $2, depending on your tastes. And actually being able to SEE the artwork is pretty nice...

After reading about Wheat's Thrift Store adventures I was psyched to pick up cool, old camera parts out here in Canada (UK charity stores are a totally different concept).

YOU GAVE ME FALSE HOPE.

There is NOTHING of any VALUE to ANYONE in the thrift stores out here, unless you like mugs, women's cloths and VHS cassettes. Where's my amazing tripod? Where are my cool lenses? Where's my perfect working order Super 8 camera?

You should be ashamed of yourself.

well I guess I wont mention the m42 mount 135mm f2.8 lens I got for $12 at the same shop today.. dont really NEED a 135 on my crop sensor cams.. but I cant turn away.. anyone want to trade for something?

Back