Kind of a different request...

So I am sort of interested in overlapping different videos like I have done with images here: http://yellowtriangle.tumblr.com/

I'd like a program that can allow me to do that. I'd prefer it even more if it lowered the quality as well (as we see in those images).

I'm not sure if it can be done, but I figured someone here might know.

Your images are very cool. How did you make those?

If it is possible with stills, I should think it is possible with video.

So you want to have one video track overlapped with another, both in motion, and degraded somehow?

Let me know how you made your stills (ie, how many images are overlapped), and I'll holler back.

Your images are very cool. How did you make those?

If it is possible with stills, I should think it is possible with video.

So you want to have one video track overlapped with another, both in motion, and degraded somehow?

Let me know how you made your stills (ie, how many images are overlapped), and I'll holler back.

Yes! That is exactly it.

I was tinkering around with anywhere between 3-5 images at a time, although I'm really just experimenting.

To degrade the stills I converted them to a bmp file (with a limited coloring palette) then pasted one over another (when pasting I'd exclude certain colors so that it wasn't just a solid image over a solid image).

Time isn't much of an issue for me either, just need something that'll work.

Check out Sony Vegas. Even the home studio versions (around $100) have lots of features and effects built in. You can composite one image on top of another quite easily and use multiple built-in effects to manipulate colors and textures.

Very cool...I hope you share your experiments with us.

Yes! That is exactly it.

I was tinkering around with anywhere between 3-5 images at a time, although I'm really just experimenting.

To degrade the stills I converted them to a bmp file (with a limited coloring palette) then pasted one over another (when pasting I'd exclude certain colors so that it wasn't just a solid image over a solid image).

Time isn't much of an issue for me either, just need something that'll work.

So, you want to animate still images? I wasn't sure of that, from your first post. Cuz if you want to apply the same kind of effects to moving video, then you probably have no clue how much time you'd need to invest.

But if you want to use still images, and move them around on top of each other, sheeeeiiiit, you don't need fancy software for that. If you only plan to work with still images, moving them around, then I'd keep the same workflow you alread have, for creating each still, and then use pretty much any editing software (Sony Vegas has a very nice, affordable option).

Back