• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Just released a new trailer

We just released this trailer for a feature film that is currently in pre-production. It is directed by MJ Palo and Andrew Arguello – we would love to hear everyone’s thoughts, especially on the sound and color:

Last edited:
Hello! Here's some thoughts I have on it for you.

1. Hate the font choice, especially how plain it looks when over the opening shot.

2. The cut at :31 feels bad, because you're jump cutting to a wider version of the same shot essentially.

3. The lead up to car crash and the reveal is very lazy. The music continues throughout the sequence. Instead, there you should go for something like:

Regular music, girl walking down street -> Car hits her and immediately the music cuts out, to a pause of black -> Cut to the old woman waking up, no music. -> Music comes back in with the line of her being in a nursing home.

The male nurse provides exposition that seems unnatural "you've been here for two years, remember". I agree with point 2 and 3 above. Fonts seem ok though :)

Also, I don't think it is entirely obvious whether some of the scenes are supposed to be serious or comedic or what. The choice of music doesn't help.

The male nurse provides exposition that seems unnatural "you've been here for two years, remember". I agree with point 2 and 3 above. Fonts seem ok though :)

Also, I don't think it is entirely obvious whether some of the scenes are supposed to be serious or comedic or what. The choice of music doesn't help.
I agree with the exposition too

Hey looks good!

I would tighten up the trailer. First of all, she says she started acting up when her dad left. So the guy, I suppose, is her step dad from there on. I would cut out her narration about the ripples. When you cut from her line about dad leaving to the new guy it is more impactful. NEW DAD! Problems. And the ripples line seems like fluff or like you are trying to be cerebral in this one spot.

I would cut the line out of the mom saying she can't do this anymore simply because the audio is bad (echoey) and the rest of your audio sounds more pro. Cut to the grounded line.

I don't mind the exposition of the nurse. It's a tad awkward but it seems this is what explains the plot, so if this is all you've got, use it.

You COULD try to fix it with an edit by breaking up his line.

Do you need painkillers?

I was hit by a car.

Hit by a car?

I'm OLD!

You've been here for two years, remember?

Hello! Here's some thoughts I have on it for you.

1. Hate the font choice, especially how plain it looks when over the opening shot.

2. The cut at :31 feels bad, because you're jump cutting to a wider version of the same shot essentially.

3. The lead up to car crash and the reveal is very lazy. The music continues throughout the sequence. Instead, there you should go for something like:

Regular music, girl walking down street -> Car hits her and immediately the music cuts out, to a pause of black -> Cut to the old woman waking up, no music. -> Music comes back in with the line of her being in a nursing home.
Ok, we’ll definitely consider that, thank you for the comments.

Hey looks good!

I would tighten up the trailer. First of all, she says she started acting up when her dad left. So the guy, I suppose, is her step dad from there on. I would cut out her narration about the ripples. When you cut from her line about dad leaving to the new guy it is more impactful. NEW DAD! Problems. And the ripples line seems like fluff or like you are trying to be cerebral in this one spot.

I would cut the line out of the mom saying she can't do this anymore simply because the audio is bad (echoey) and the rest of your audio sounds more pro. Cut to the grounded line.

I don't mind the exposition of the nurse. It's a tad awkward but it seems this is what explains the plot, so if this is all you've got, use it.
Great suggestion, thank you for your feedback.

Back