• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Jones Unleashed - "Wake Up"

Hey guys!

Here's a music video I recently completed for a local group called Jones Unleashed:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qC7oZn7rNIk

The “story” part was filmed in a church built in the early 1900's. Very neat little place with all the original heart pine walls, flooring, etc. Lots of charm.

The band performance was shot in a local field, and all of the projected paper-cutout sequences were done at my home/studio.

I hope you enjoy it!

Brilliant work, Frank. Your style really comes across.

I thought the location that the band where playing in was a little plain, however. It didn't offer much to the anthemic sections of the song. Especially given the length. It felt as though I was contantly aware of the location-waiting for something to happen- rather than the band.

Fantastic job overall.

Pretty sweet.

So, when are we gonna see a full-blown animated short (or feature)? Cuz I know, for damn sure, that a lot of people (myself included of course) want to see that.

Papertwinproductions said:
I thought the location that the band where playing in was a little plain, however. It didn't offer much to the anthemic sections of the song. Especially given the length. It felt as though I was contantly aware of the location-waiting for something to happen- rather than the band.

Papertwin: Thank you! That is really helpful to hear! I basically should have changed the band's location in conjunction with an emotionally high point in the song. I have to agree with that, particularly given - as you point out - the length of the song. Really good advice there!

For me, the exterior shots were just kinda bland, especially with it being overcast most of that day. I tried to compensate with over-saturation to contrast the dull interior shots, but yeah... the field location itself was really an afterthought and it should not have been.

Thank you for the feedback!

Cracker Funk said:
Pretty sweet.

So, when are we gonna see a full-blown animated short (or feature)? Cuz I know, for damn sure, that a lot of people (myself included of course) want to see that.

Ha ha! Thank you! I really want to do something - at least a short - in the paper cutout style. That desire stays in the back of my mind. ...though I want a worthwhile story to go with it. With the "Curiosity" test short, I had to get it out of my system and kinda prove whether the style worked or not. It's been super encouraging for me that people seem to like it. Thank you very much!

Back