John Waters on Colbert Show

Knock knock knock... "Meat-man!"
smiley_haw.gif

John Waters was on Colbert Show the other day.

http://www.colbertnation.com/full-episodes/mon-june-28-2010-john-waters

He's in the guest segment, later in the show, plugging his new book and talking about his upcoming Christmas film.

He's funny. :cool:

Great segment.

He was on Bill Maher's Real Time earlier this year, the episode with Michael Moore I believe.

I've also seen him actively involved in trying to free Manson follower Leslie Van Houten from a life sentence. Tough sell, but his arguments seem very reasonable.

I almost posted that up here :) Thanks for bringing it up, Zen.

"Wouldn't you have your child be a drug dealer than a drug addict?" :lol::lol:

@Adeimantus, that was an awesome real time. I love when Waters mentioned poppers and Bill stops him and goes , "woah, poppers? you are old school gay, my friend." I may be paraphrasing but LOL. awkward for anyone but john waters.

You guys ever see his 'stand up'/lecture dvd special? I'm pretty sure it's on netflix streaming. I think it's called 'this filthy world.' Anyway it's what I watch when I need to be motivated about just making stuff :)

Also see if you can find a copy of his spoken word tour of Los Angeles (Hollywood in particular). I have no idea the source...I have it on a mixtape made by a friend about 15 years ago.

Whatever you think of his films, he's an inspiration to any level of indie filmmaker.

Back