• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Jarred Stefano & Bongo Arnaud

So I'm in the process of helping out a buddy of mine record some of his show performances. At the same time, it's a good learning experience for me to better familiarize myself with my equipment.

This is the first time I have ever used the H4N audio recorder out in the field. Pretty happy with the quality and the end results. I'm not an audio person in any way, shape or form but as long as I'm happy with the end result, that's all I really care about.

Also to add, had a major issue at the end of this video. My headphone chord snagged the H4N and flipped it over. It was a loud thump and a lot of shuffling around... So, working my magic I had to edit the audio and hide the fact that it even happened. I think I did a good job considering you can't even tell anything happened at the end of the song except for a little noise...

Anyways, just thought I would share and give everyone a taste of my buddy's band. He's going to be starting a kickstarter campaign to help him raise money to record his first album. If you like what you hear, get in touch with me and I'll keep you posted!

Thanks for listening!

http://vimeo.com/24592768

Good job on the cover-up. I don't think anyone will notice a thing. I thought the audio was a little bottom heavy, but that's subjective. Cool! :cool:

Good job on the cover-up. I don't think anyone will notice a thing. I thought the audio was a little bottom heavy, but that's subjective. Cool! :cool:

Ditto. Whatever you did on the cover-up, it works. Too bottom-heavy? Actually, I'd agree, but I don't think the issue is with the recording, but in how the performers mixed their P.A.

Thanks guys...

As for the cover up. Yeah, luckily I knocked over the H4N at the very end of the song. Originally there was an 8 to 10 second ring out on the bass guitar. I clipped that down to completely remove the noise mistake. I then just did a slight fade to make it sound like the bass naturally had a 2 to 3 second ring out. I then moved over the applause to keep continuity with the room tone, etc. I made it work for the most part which works for me.

As for bottom heavy, yeah. It might be a case of the mixing and the P.A. If that what you can even call it. It was pretty bootleg and the quality from the P.A. speakers was bad from the get go.

Thanks again for taking the time to watch and listen.

Paper - Sadly, no.

Their stuff is amazing. They do a great cover of Michael Jackson too!

I'll be helping them with a kickstarter campaign soon enough. If you want, I can get in touch with you when that happens. I think it's going to be a 5 or 6 song album (or EP). However you want to classify it.

Back