Iron Sky movie makers join the bandwagon

we are looking to raise 150 000 from the community. This money will be used to produce a full script for the film, a clear production plan including a budget, and a four to five minute promo reel to help us with further funding.

They want to crowdfund themselves a paycheck for writing the script, and then pitching it? :hmm:

if i get it right, they want to be paid $150,000 for writing the script themself, and then for pitching it to production companies? so pretty much all of that money will just be for them

They want $150K to get through the (very) initial preproduction phases; script, promo and budget. Probably not that far off what the VM or Braff budgets are/will be.

I followed these guys all through their Iron Sky campaign, they were WAY ahead of the curve as far as I could tell. They were doing KS/IGG type things before either saw the light of day. I don't know if anyone has worked as hard as they have to get a film going, at least that's the impression I took away.

That being said, it is a rather hollow pitch... But if they're planning $15MM for the film, then 1% of the budget for script alone is fairly low, let alone the promo and full budget layout, but still.

IDK, I backed and enjoyed (way higher production value than I expected) Iron Sky, I'll likely contribute. I know the guy can pull it off at least.

CraigL

If I remember correctly they raised almost a million euros, or almost $1M from fan investments and donations for the first one.

And yes, they worked very hard to make the first movie happen, most of the core crew worked on it for seven years, mainly trying to get funding.

$150k is not an outrageous amount of money if they are going to write the script, produce a high quality teaser trailer, promotional material etc.

I have no problem with anyone who uses crowdfunding, but I would rather donate some money to these guys than Zach Braff, who can probably get a rather smallish amount of money together like this without using Kickstarter and IGG.

For independent filmmakers, even after a succesfull movie like Iron Sky, getting pre-production money is not easy at all.

'Iron Sky' Sequel Gets $150,000 in Crowd-Funding
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/iron-sky-sequel-gets-150000-581694
"The first Iron Sky raised more than $1 million of its $10 million budget via crowd funding, with the rest coming from traditional funding sources. Vuorensola has said he wants to raise a much larger portion of the $15 million budget for Iron Sky 2 from online fans, giving him greater control over the production and release of the sequel."
The first was such a suck-@ss flik I'm fairly surprised they even raised $150k to "finish the script."

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/iron_sky/
TOMATOMETERAll CriticsTop Critics
Critic Rating: 36%
Audience Rating: 38%

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/iron-sky-the-coming-race

Haha, thanks for the update rayw. I wish I liked the first one more than I do, but it sure looked pretty good!

CraigL

Yeah, I thought 'IS' had a great campy premise in its previews, full of promise for delightful absurdity, but... no.
The film was just lame-ola. :grumpy:
Very, very disappointed.
Turned it off after 20min.

Hmmmm, not sure. I wanted to like the first one better than I did, too. But I sure didn't hate it. In fact, I thought it was still pretty fun. I'll probably contribute 5 bucks or so. We'll see.

Back