ipad and the production/AD department?

How do you think the ipad (or the tablet market in general) will effect the AD and production department? It seems to me that if some software were developed for organizing all of the paperwork and breakdowns we use on set and in the office it would catch on very quick. Having all of your sides, breakdowns, schedules, call sheets, script, ect on one device in your hand and to be able to edit them on that same device seems ideal. I know you don't see AD's carrying around laptops much but having a tablet device would be like having an electronic clip board or an electric production bible. What do you guys think?

I think, that if there was real utility there, you would already see tablets on the set..

What I do predict.. Wireless Display Technology landing on a "tablet like" devices with wireless high bandwidth connections to video storage allowing for live and instant review of HD footage WHILE its happening.. with out ever moving or connecting a piece of hardware.

Ever since Star Trek I have been waiting for something like the iPad to come out. Still waiting for it to get refined a bit, not to mention affordable.

@wheatgrinder: It's only a matter of time. The technology exists already, I think it just has to become more commercial and mainstream before it could be relied upon solely.

Back