• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Interior with LCD - 16mm Shoot - Colour temperature?

I'm shooting an interior with a Macboo Pro laptop on 16mm and planning to use Fuji Eterna 500T.

The scene features a desk lamp, the only other light I was intending to use is a fill light reflected off a white wall.

I'm concerned about the colour temperature of the LCD on the Macbook Pro. I can only adjust the white point as low as 4500k. The Macbook is playing a video which I thought I could warm up to 3200k in Final Cut if there was a color temperature slider. But I can't find a straightforward control for that. The other option is see is to switch to Daylight film and lighting to match the LCD but I'm reluctant to go that route.

This is a low budget film so looking a simple solution to get all my colour temps in line.

Has anyone experience or advice with anything like this?

thanks,

Chris

Thanks. Just read about this in American Cinematographers manual. It suggests this as one option. But with the preferred option of pre compensating the color of the playback material. Going to take the video to be played on the laptop into final cut and warm it up, do some test with a DSLR set to tungsten and do some tests see if it looks like it might work.

If not i'll go with daylight film and get some CC filters for the fill light and a daylight bulb for the desk lamp.

:hmm:

If not i'll go with daylight film and get some CC filters for the fill light and a daylight bulb for the desk lamp.

:hmm:

Why? :huh:

The only thing off-colour is the laptop monitor, right? So why not just correct that with a single piece of gel, and not have to worry about changing everything else?

The only thing you might have to adjust is the brightness of the monitor, to compensate for the single layer of CTO across the display.

Back