• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Initial attempt

Hi All,

I have recently posted my first proper attempt at edited footage to Vimeo here:

https://vimeo.com/41855002

I only purchased a Canon 60D a few weeks ago. Yesterday I went out to shoot some footage and put it together to get some experience. I learnt a lot just doing that. Some of the shots are not as sharp as I would like. Others seem to have a lean to one side. Some footage I wasn't happy to use and cut it but still learned what not to do. I also took some stills while I was out and it is abundantly clear to me now how much extra effort and set up is required to get good video as opposed to good stills.

This was also my first project using FCP X.

Any constructive feedback is welcome.

Needs cgi kangaroos for authenticity.
smiley_colbert.gif

Cool footage. How do you like that 18-135? I was going to get one in that range, then went with a 75-300 instead for stills.

Needs cgi kangaroos for authenticity.
smiley_colbert.gif

Cool footage. How do you like that 18-135? I was going to get one in that range, then went with a 75-300 instead for stills.

I purchased it with stills in mind but also the image stabilisation for video dolly shots. Physically it a pretty big lens but has quite a good useful range. If I want telephoto I have access to an L series zoom I can hire.

Actually there are no Kangaroos in Tasmania but we have Wallabies which are close enough.

Thanks for all the comments. I will aim for something more interesting next time.

Back