• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Indiefest.chicgo (((help)))

I SENT my copyrighted material to INDEFEST. After three drafts, I still find small errors: a couple miss spelled words and a few sentence errors. It still makes sense. My good friends, of which the story is based, find the script very amazing in the sense of realism. It's about the life in A mountain community of rebrobate hillbillies; and how change, because of LIFE IS ALWAYS CHANGING whether we like it or nor, is creeping into their lives. It's a 60 page script, made for cable television; SNOH COUNTY: EPISODE ONE: 'a different kinda folk' 2005 COPYRIGHT. My question is, should I send them a new, perfect copy. The one I sent them makes sense, but maybe it's the perfectionist in me that wants it to be perfect.

I want to write and be surrounded by writers!

:huh:

Don't send them a new copy, it just draws attention to the fact that you sent it out before it was ready.

However, in future get someone else to proof read your work before you send it out.

I have to do it with everything I do, because of my dyslexia. It's OK to not be able to get a script perfect, but you have to put systems in palce to cover your back because lack of attention to detail is a real negative in this industry.

The other thing I do is to work on Final Draft and it will read the script out to you, which makes it possible to spot all the errors. It's a long process but worth it.

If they haven't read it yet, I'd send a new one. Spelling errors are a huge, and if they exist within the first ten pages, that may be as far as anyone reads.

Clive has a point about drawing attention to what is wrong with it. When you ask if you can send an updated one, don't say why, because they may say no, and then you've pointed out all the errors. Just say you want to send an slightly updated version. Tell them you can FedEx it.

Tough lesson to learn jbrndee. Get yourself a good group of writers (IRL or on-line) help each other out, workshop ideas and storys and edit each other. Un-biased eyes see a LOT.

Back