• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Incineration of the Drowing Soul - Short Film

sorry, I vote thumbs down on this one. Seemed pointless. Maybe it's over my head, but the story is paper thin from what I can tell.

You did a pretty good job of using available light, but if I think if you would have blocked it better some of the shots would have come off better.

I agree with the post above. The story is pretty thin. Its more like a bit of a larger story.

Oh, and for digging that hole with a flathead shovel, she deserves to get caught.:)

Is drowing a mispelling or a word? I googled it and didn't come up with much (I'm not trying to be cheeky). =( It is a cool sounding title, in any event. Pleeeeease lose the color bar ringing. That hurt. Or at least turn it down a bit. Available light filming was okay. I suspect, though, that even when you're going for that available light look, it might still help to augment it with other lighting. I think the story had potential. I'd bet that it might have turned out more satisfying if more effort had been made to incorporate...more. While I watched it I was like, oh, if I was making this, I'd have her pick that cigarette up and take a few puffs on it. She did. =D But I think I would have made different stylistic choices with that. I think I would have made more of that with a close-up of her putting it in her mouth etc. This is a school project, right? I don't know how much we should expect from the students(?) working on this. The actors were fine, especially her. But there were what felt like false moments to me. Particularly, when the guy pulls over and their interactions. That felt fake to me. I suspect that's more a result of the writing or directing though, not so much the acting. And the obvious, it would have been much more satisfying to see the fire and perhaps explosions, but no doubt that was out of the question on your budget and a school project.

Nice work.

Back