Inception -- the ultimate intelligent audience movie?

From all the interviews, trailers, and talk, Inception seems like a very original film with an edge that's very appealing (Matrix meets Dark City type appeal). I believe Nolan is one of the most intellectual men in Hollywood today and to see him being able to make a movie that is completely original that seems very unique packed with an incredible cast is... hope.

After Avatar, I lost hope. So, people just want a movie that looks pretty? Oh, let's have more 3D MOVIES! ... Please no. While Avatar's imagery was astonishing, in no shape or form did it EVER deserve the recognition it got for Best Movie type praise. The characters were not anything spectacular, the plot was.... Pocahontas meets Last Samurai! Avatar wasn't a film -- it was a video game. Point is, INCEPTION gives me hope. If the audience responds to this as it did THE DARK KNIGHT (which is possible), I have hope! I don't want dumbed down movies.

In any case, I am trying to make movies of my own -- to get started and noticed. Can you do me a favor and (if you have a YouTube account) and subscribe to my channel and have your friends do so as well? I'm trying to raise awareness for my movies. Thank you!

http://www.youtube.com/user/DarthV87
:cool:

Last edited:
Sweeney, I am not so sure about the AVATAR hate in your post, especially as it has nothing to do with Nolan's genius. I mean people keep knocking AVATAR as Pocahontas which seems unfair to me. I am from the school of thought that says that every story has already been told, it's the freshness that gets us going back for more. Had AVATAR come out before Pocahontas (even though it existed on paper well before it) what would have been said of Pocahontas? AVATAR was a basic story, I'll give you that but that in no way equates to being a bad story. I think AVATAR is getting attacked because it was a basic movie that was so successful. But like the saying goes "don't hate the player, hate the game".

I agree with you on Nolan though. He is a master story teller. Dude gave us one of the most powerful, intriguing and relevant characters of our time in his rendition of the Joker. Ledger breathed life into that powerful character but Nolan helped put the words in Ledger's mouth. I mean how true is this little diddy by the Joker - "These people, their morals, it's a bad joke, dropped at the first sign of trouble..." Nolan is exceptional and I can't wait to watch Inception.

Kosh

re

My most anticipated movie this year! It will be unbelievable, I promise. I think a lot of people can just tell.

Is anyone else also following the online viral marketing? Starting into more high gear now with the new video with Nolan interviewing experts (maybe not all of them, though, ). Gives that excitement you cannot describe.
Third trailer with Iron Man 2!

Back