• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch In My Mode (Music Video)

Let's get the song part outta the way first before relaying observational opinions on the video.

The song has genre typical elements that I don't think anyone outside of the target audience appreciates - myself included - but I can deal with it.
HOWEVER, it has some major creepy elements to it that I do appreciate - and I wish the video exploited those elements more.

Regarding the video...

I very much like the fundamental concept of the flashlit "durressed" character in assorted dark cluttered environments.
Very cool base concept.
I would have liked to see a broader variety of shots other than the constant swirling.
And more swirling.
And more swirling.
And more... yeah, yeah, yeah swirling. I got it already.
And more swirling. (Ugh).
And more swirling. (Your killing me the wrong way, now).
JunowhatImean?
And more swirling.

Listen to the song.
Include more elements of the song into the visual.
Not necessarily a verbatim retelling, just a broader deviation away from the swirly, swirly.

Some repetitive jump cut editing woulda been nice.
Some flash cut elements of random creepy things.

Looks like you two were shooting for as low budget as possible.
Dude's got no friends to include in his vid?
Gotta have all the attention?
Can't have no creepy hands of others?
Peeps in masks?
You don't have to show faces of the others. Put 'em behind curtains and under blankets.

And the audio sync is off in many places.

Yeah the audio pissed me off because the camera messed up and didn't catch the audio. So I pretty much had to watch his mouth to figure out the words, and as you could tell, the way he talks isn't easy to keep track of. I never thought about random clips of creepy things, but now that you said it *facepalm* to myself x] Thanks for the feedback!

Cool man.

I agree with Ray, needs a little more variation, some quicker cuts.

The creepy eyes and clown masks were cool, could have gons for some more of those and less of the performance. Ever since "Thriller" introduced it, the story part of the video has been more important than the performance.

But yeah man, cool. The light mounted on the cam is good for the creepy look.

I watched the whole thing - a plus around here for me! Song was kind of catchy actually. I agree with the previous posters, more creepy, less swirly.

Good luck.

Back