im new too!

hey all, wasnt sure if i should just sneek in here without makin an entrance, being new is a little scary, esp. when your not the most technologically able person! anyway, i love films, i love making films and thats all i really ever wanted to do with my life. I just graduated from uni doing film and photography in edinburgh, specializing in producing and directing (im writing my second script at the moment) and now im in the scary world of 9 to 5!!! I am working as area manager for a dvd rental shop until i can save up lots of £££, and get my showreel together.
Looking forward to chatting with u all, seeing your films and showing you mine! :yes:

Good morning, Ms. MovieQueen!
smiley_fatcat.gif

I'm sure you'll find us to be a friendly bunch.

:welcome:

loving the badger action, watch out for those honey ones tho, nasty buggers! script writing is going...slowly...onto my 8th draft now, its just a short, but im so sick of reading it over and over!!! (i could never handle writing for a living!, problem is i have lots of ideas, im just not so good as conveying them in a script). This will be the first film I will have made since uni (and funded alone!) so im sticking to digital and keeping it to under 15min. My last one was shot on 16mm and cost me £4,000 - good exp. workin with film though but the last film i produced was shot on a cannon XL1 and looked just like film...its all about the lightin im startin to think...

Welcome to the board moviequeen! :hi: Great to have you with us. I don't think we have anyone from Scottland on the board, I think your the first! :D Sounds cool what you got going on. What 16mm camera did you use to shoot your short? Got any of those online yet?

Nice to have you here. Hope you enjoy your stay with us here. :yes:

moviequeen said:
hey all, wasnt sure if i should just sneek in here without makin an entrance, being new is a little scary, esp. when your not the most technologically able person! anyway, i love films, i love making films and thats all i really ever wanted to do with my life. I just graduated from uni doing film and photography in edinburgh, specializing in producing and directing (im writing my second script at the moment) and now im in the scary world of 9 to 5!!! I am working as area manager for a dvd rental shop until i can save up lots of £££, and get my showreel together.
Looking forward to chatting with u all, seeing your films and showing you mine! :yes:

Welcome your Majesty. :bow:

:cheers:

welcome Queen awesome Scottland, I want to go. Las Vegas here, and don't forget to submit to my up, and coming tv show VegasIndiesTV. See you around.

Edinburgh? what a lovely city - i was there for the fringe and it made me regret going to Nottingham a little bit. Photography? What a beautiful city to be in for that!Welcome to the site from the Hull/Nottingham posse.
yes.......thats just me...........

the 16mm camera was an Arri, cant remember the model...scary workin on film, i got serious high blood pressure from that shoot, i had a church hired in the middle of no-where, a cast of 18, a crew of 30 (all needed transported to and from location), a choregraphed dance routine, major art department on board to transform the church into a gameshow, every film light you could imagine, glitter everywhere and everyone needing fed and watered, and no production assistant! My own fault really since I wrote the script and decided i wanted to produce it instead of direct, was a serious learning experience though!
Edinburgh is an amazin city, the festival every year brings so much diversity of films and plays and people, the population triples over the summer, you should all check it out if you ever get the chance (and theres always a free bar at the opening night of the film festival, allowin you the chance to quiz your favourite director while they get drunk!) :lol:
so are most of you folk already working in the film industry, or are you like me, trying to get your foot in the door?

haha. i like to think that we are not all aiming for the same door. and that if one of us makes it past their door, maybe they'll be on the other side of ours, and let us in.LET ME IN!!!!!!!!!!!

cheers folks, u all seem like a friendly bunch (tho i aint sure if this film-comp is gonna get nasty!).

One question; as a newbie non-paying member can i post my films/trailers up and join in the competition or do i need to become a paying member?....

Back