If you have a film related website (cast/crew/movie), read this!

I wanted to pass along something that I have been using for a while and know to work. It's pretty cool actually. I have seen my website hits steadily grow as I have used this system for my website promoting "I Am DB". I can also track those hits and know that some of them are coming from this FilmJumper system.

I use something called FilmJumper. Basically you use a certain URL to start your browser with (I made it my home page so that it opens every time I open a new browser window). It creates a little frame at the top of the window and gives you a button to push which allows you to cycle through different film related websites. After viewing any site for 30 seconds, you basically get a point and then you can move on and get another point. The more points you get, the more your website in turn is shown to others that use this same system.

It has some smarts too; when you sign up for the service (free) it allows you to pick what kind of sites that you are intrested in seeing and will then expose you to those sites when you use the system.

Here is a link that you should click if you want to try this service out. It will put you in my downline and give me extra points as you use the system. It will do the same for you if you get others to join. It's kinda like those pyramid schemes...except this doesn't involve money, it involves website hits:
http://www.filmjumper.com/cgi-bin/ref.cgi?r=jdigitalp

Or you can visit my website www.IAmDB.tv and click on the little Film Jumper banner on the right hand side (another thing to bring traffic to the website - if someone clicks on banner to see what Film Jumper is all about and then join...they go into your downline).

-the link above explains it much better than I do here.

There is nothing to install or anything...it's just a little web page frame with some controls in it that appears at the top of your browser.
If you want to see what it will look like on your end if/when you join, click here to view the one from my account:
http://www.filmjumper.com/cgi-bin/run.cgi?userid=jdigitalp

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

I would recomment IFdotNet using this system as well. Tino?

Yes, FilmJumper is a pretty active member here... and quite a nice person, too! :)

It's great that Filmy's browser-thingmabob is working out so well for you. (I'm sure it is for more, as well)

On a different note... are you putting up new teasers for "I Am DB" soon? I'm looking forward to seeing how the quality/formats change over time as the budget/interest grows.

:cool:

Hmmm...I don't remember ever seeing FilmJumper on the forums.

Zen,
We're in a bit of a holding pattern still at the end of Phase 2. We are waiting for the attorney to finish up with the PPM and get it back to us. Should be any day now. The PPM (Private Placement Memorandum) is what we will present to investors to try to work our way to that $3.1mil goal. As soon as we get the PPM, we're gonna hit it like gangbusters.

Thanks for your interest in it.

PS. What is your website so that I may look for it:)

JasonJolliff said:
Hmmm...I don't remember ever seeing FilmJumper on the forums.

Zen,
We're in a bit of a holding pattern still at the end of Phase 2. We are waiting for the attorney to finish up with the PPM and get it back to us. Should be any day now. The PPM (Private Placement Memorandum) is what we will present to investors to try to work our way to that $3.1mil goal. As soon as we get the PPM, we're gonna hit it like gangbusters.

Thanks for your interest in it.

PS. What is your website so that I may look for it:)

Geez... I'm blushing.

Thanks for the kind words, Jason. I started FilmJumper.com a year and a month ago and it's grown beyond belief. My original plan of course was to help everyone get targeted hits to their web sites... It's working really well.

I get at least one email a day from members thanking us for putting them in touch with someone else in the industry... Especially actors! Quite a few of the actors with web sites have gotten some work from having their web site seen by people related to the industry.

Unfortunately, I haven't been working with it as much as I should and been relying on my techs to take care of things for me... You'd be surprised at who some of our members are... Some fairly big names. The downside is taking care of all the correspondence...

We hope to hit 20,000 members by the end of the year...

Thanks again,

filmy

Back