If i were to post my movie here or anywhere else, what's allowed and whats not?

I want to post my movies on this site as well as others just for feedback and stuff and i was wondering what are the do's and don'ts if any. My main concern is the music in most of mine. So far i havent released any movies for the public yet, and i dont plan to since this is just a hobby my Posse and i do once in a while :D but i do plan to post movies on the net which tends to be more lenient in rules so thats the best option for now. Back to the original question, am I allowed to showmy movies that includes a lot of copyrighted music? All the music is credited of course cuz i think they deserve at least that much and buying rights to the songs are out of the question since this is just a hobby. Thanks.

-Mikke

You may as well post a few.

Likely every second comment will be about the tunes but you'll get feedback on the editing too, no doubt.

For future stuff, you should try making a few composer-friends. There are a lot of them in the Classifieds part of the board. They'll appreciate the challenge/experience, and you won't have to keep watching over your shoulder for the RIAA.

Or start using Public Domain music or that crazy CC designated material.

the net which tends to be more lenient in rules

It's not the 'net which is "lenient", btw.

It's just very difficult to monitor... and people take advantage of that.

:cool:

Back