• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Ideas??

Hey filmmakers,

I have this assignment I have to do and it's a bit limited. I mean, we're suppose to film an intersection and somehow turn it into a 3-4 minute long story - out of an intersection. Any ideas? I have a few ideas in my head, but it requires an actor, whereas, in this exercise, were not suppose to use actors, but real people and vehicles.

That's why I'm a little dazzled right now. I mean, filming a bunch of people crossing the green light is a little too short (kinda pointless too)

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Do your own homework :D

+1!!!!

This is the whole point of the exercise, to get you to stretch your imagination.

Tell you what, here's a head start...

in·ter·sec·tion   [in-ter-sek-shuhn]

noun

1. a place where two or more roads meet, especially when at least one is a major highway; junction.
2. any place of intersection or the act or fact of intersecting.
3. Mathematics . a. Also called meet, product. the set of elements that two or more sets have in common. Symbol: ∩ b. the greatest lower bound of two elements in a lattice.

Origin:
1550–60; < Latin intersectiōn- (stem of intersectiō ). See intersect, -ion

Related forms
in·ter·sec·tion·al, adjective
non·in·ter·sec·tion·al, adjective

Definition: crossroads
Synonyms: circle, cloverleaf, crossing, crosswalk, crossway, interchange, junction, stop

glad you found something. I was going to suggest shooting a hot dog stand at an intersection. No idea what would come out of it, but you would have one constant character, such as the vendor.

good luck..

The intersection is your location. Suggest you scout several in different settings, towns, neighborhoods. Watch for an hour. I'll bet you come upon several ideas simply by watching and wondering. Good luck!

My suggestion would be to remember the movie "Friday".

The only real connection is the neighborhood or Ice Cube's character but everything happens around him. Think 'slice of life' type of films.

-- spinner :cool:

Back