ideas/help with 20 second sketch

So for a contest, the sketch has to be no more then 25 seconds and it must be shot in day and then edited to look like night. I got that down pat, my only problem is coming up with something interesting to do. I was first thinking of just a simple werewolf transformation, but then i thought maybe having a older fatherly looking man holding a revolver and sweating heavily pointing it towards the camera begging for the unknown person off camera not to make him shoot. and pretty much reveal that the target is a werewolf that happens to be his son. Anyone want to help with ideas on how i can conceive this in the 25 second limit. I know i want it to end with just a super close up of the focus going from face to revolver and then the shot. Any help will be credited.

i know like the process i need to go through i just want help with expanding the idea that i stated. What would make it an interesting clip I'm stuck on what to put between the end clip and the first clip because its such a short amount of time. the first shot will be the full moon, then the last will be the close up of him firing the shot.

in 25 seconds? That's tough if you want it to be a reveal, because the audience will have to process a) that it's a werewolf and b) that it's his son. But if you start with his son, cut to the father, cut to the son transforming (just a bit of make-up) then go back and forth until he's a monster, with a bit more make-up/costume in every cut, you could probably get it in across.

You could just show the Dad, framed against the full moon, gun in hand, saying "Please, Son. We can work this out." Then cut to the werewolf, snarling, making a move, then the gunshot.

Might be do-able in 25 seconds and still get the main points of this scene idea in.

gelder

yes i like your idea, i think though ill save the son line for last..before he fires he will say "i'm sorry son". now i just need to find somewhere to get the werewolf hair/makeup..

Last edited:
Back