I watch indie films...

How do you watch indie films (for the most part)?

• Indie? What's indie? You mean like stuff by Miramax? Yeah, I rent that.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I guess I rent mostly from Netflix, but there are some good indie video stores in Austin. There are a couple of good art houses here and every year we have SXSW and the Austin Film Fest. But in the end I get to see more through rentals.

Poke

Times, they change :(

When I was living in one particular town in upstate NY, I was in heaven. Friendly locally-owned video stores with huge indie and import sections... which all died within two months of Blockbuster & Hollywood Video moving in simultaneously.

There were (and still are) two arty-style cinemas... and a third up at the local University. Two other relatively local colleges had film/tv departments, so there was no lack of local shows/films being made and shown... and they could easily get onto multiple PA cable channels.

This was mostly within a miles walking distance, too... no shortage of live theater, either. I miss that place.

That was then, this is now....

California has made me lazy. Need a car to do *anything*... and frankly, I'd rather look for something new/unusual on the 'net than drive 30 minutes each way to see a short something that I may or may not like.

What was the name of that new dvd-rental place? It was supposed to be similar to Netflix in the way it worked, but was only having no-name indie available for rental.

WeightOnWheels said:
Mad Mikes Video, Wallingford, ct

Great place!

Yes it is. They have lots of hard to find films of all types. Its probably the best video store around here.

I've been suprised with Blockbuster of late. They have titles from most indie releasers which is great. So lately I've been getting most of my Indies from them!

Never thought I'd be supporting Blockbuster!

Phil Hobden
-- Modern Life?--

I mostly watch them on the net, BUT whenever I go to blockbuster I always ask if any indie films have come in or where's the indie film section.

If there was an indie film here in my town I'd do my best to go see it

I watch a lot of IFC and Sundance and get the rest from Netflix. Early spring through summer is film festival season around here and I try to attend as much of that as possible. If you're anywhere near Michigan, Michael Moore started a great independent film festival in Traverse City this year. I'd recommend checking it out if you can.

Back