I played 2nd Camera and had no idea what was going on.

ah.. I have Super Stix legs with an Oconnar 50D head. $49 at my local goodwill.. freaking weighs in around 30 pounds..

my Quickset Cinema, $99 local craigslist.

Ill put either up against a new retail 500$ tripod\head combo anyday..

just sayin..

ah.. I have Super Stix legs with an Oconnar 50D head. $49 at my local goodwill.. freaking weighs in around 30 pounds..

my Quickset Cinema, $99 local craigslist.

Ill put either up against a new retail 500$ tripod\head combo anyday..

just sayin..

We're not talking used, brother wheat. Just good, appropriate stuff. Besides, you're the cat lady of lenses. Am I right? :lol: (counting on your sense of humor about now) :cool:

Time vs Money as with everything.

I needed a tripod and buying new was a better fit for me at that time than spending 6, 18, 20 hours in search of a used deal. Sometimes it is, sometimes it isn't. For example I just got used 7" Zacuto threaded 15mm rails for $50 shipped vs $75 from zacuto plus shipping. That only took 15 minutes on ebay, it varies by situation.

Last edited:
Long Title - I was 2nd camera in an indie short that started tonight. No script for me, no shot list, I was just expected to know what the actors would do. 7D with a shit lens and a $200 tripod. They were counting on a 7D to make the shots fantastic. I did what I could, but I want to beat a newbie senseless. Looking for volunteers. :lol:

Seriously, looking for volunteers. ;)

OH, I did EXACTLY that in August. Outwardly, I was cool, inwardly, I was screaming bloody murder.

BUT, much to my benefit and to her credit, my DIRECTOR knew exactly what she wanted and for a six day shoot, we were on schedule every day. We were all amazed by that part. It was a really good shoot.

...did I mention it was the first time I was an actual D.P.? ....uh, yeah.... we're in post now. Yay!

-- spinner :cool:

@SinEater:

You little sh*t! That scenes not supposed to be funny!

.....(sniff, sniff)...it's not my fault, it's not my fault....

:rofl:

-- spinner :cool:

Sorry to hear about that, John! Never a fun time being thrown to the wolves like that. Did you walk away with any cash? Was this a freebie?

No script? :no:

We're not talking used, brother wheat. Just good, appropriate stuff. Besides, you're the cat lady of lenses. Am I right? :lol: (counting on your sense of humor about now) :cool:

Its always a safe to count on my sense of humor, I don't have any other kind! (of sense that is!)

Hey, Iv got the lens thing under control, I passed on a 35mm f1.2 m42 mount chinon just last week.. ...dang, I wonder if its still there... ???

Its always a safe to count on my sense of humor, I don't have any other kind! (of sense that is!)

Hey, Iv got the lens thing under control, I passed on a 35mm f1.2 m42 mount chinon just last week.. ...dang, I wonder if its still there... ???

:lol: f1.2, huh? They don't go much f'n lower than that. Glad you saw things as intended. You can make fun of the fact I can't separate from cameras I don't really need. I'm hording.

I'm actually personally fine without shot lists etc... but lack of clear communication is a killer. For pacing, I have problems with any production that goes faster than 5 pgs. / 12 hr day. Less than that is not enough time spent on each element and will not be something I want in my demo reel. And with copy and credit still for payment at this point, the production had better damn well give me good footage!

Back