I need to dig a hole on someones property, will this be hard?

I'm going to need to find someone with a big yard (outside of the city). It's supposed to be a graveyard and for this scene I need to bury a chest in the ground.

Do you think this will be a big deal for most people?

how much should I offer? I would need to use their property at night, maybe around 10pm.

would someone be ok with like $500?

I'm going to need to find someone with a big yard (outside of the city). It's supposed to be a graveyard and for this scene I need to bury a chest in the ground.

Do you think this will be a big deal for most people?
No, I don't think so.

how much should I offer? I would need to use their property at night, maybe around 10pm.
For how much time around 10PM? One hour? six?
would someone be ok with like $500?
Yes, someone would be okay with like $500.

You might ask on craigslist. Somebody may be putting in a pond and the hole will either be there or become part of the pond eventually...

OTOH, you're in LA, so you may get deluged with offers to dig it for the cash. Be sure to go 'anonymous' on the ad :-D.

500$? Just offer to put their name in the credits. Maybe offer 50$ but 500$??? Money to burn?
It's always helpful to know your area. Here in Los Angeles people
are not excited about getting their name in the credits in exchange
for hours of their time. Or for a film crew - no matter how small -
to "invade" their property.

RJB's questions were vague. Maybe someone will be willing to allow
a project like his for less than $500. So you're right, Cryo. But as
a filmmaker working in L.A. I can tell you from experience that offering
name in the credits isn't something most people find acceptable.

Is that something property owners in your area are happy with?

I know that I sure as heck wouldn't let someone waste my time and dig a big hole on my property for some lousy "special thanks" credit. However, when cash is involved, that's a much different story. lol

We needed a cemetery with an open grave for a production. We didn't go to the city facilities; we went to the locations owned by churches. They will usually work with you before a service for a small donation to the church. Buy local when you can. Avoid government involvement when you can.

Do what I did last time I had to dig a ditch for a filming -

Make your script in the woods instead. Go to the woods, dig the ditch and fill it up before you leave, haha...

Haha...I like this!!

you'd be more then welcome to dig in my yard, it used to be a chapel so it's pretty big. I think the airfare maybe a little on the high side though.

I would gladly take $500 for someone to dig a hole in my yard! I might even let them dig, two for that price!

Try the local church thing like someone suggested. It'll look better if it's an actual cemetry...although a bit creepy to film.

Back