I need some experts attention, rate me, plz?

Can I be a successful writer? I am 27 years old, I never studied, I have math diploma, do software development, additionally, I started writing, even without any education or reading book. I even watched fewest movies in recent years than most ordinary people. I don't watch TV, and watch the movies I like after seeing the ads which is very very few, or I followed the films of one or two. It may be like 5 films in one year.
Anyways, I write and have ideas which are important in my idea.
I talked to one, and the result is this: Steven Spielberg saw my writings and told that I am very smart even compared to Hollywood writers out there. But I am infamous and in Iran and he can't do help me. I want to be recruited, and I know my native language is not English. And I have no real experience is the major problem, too. I only wrote some notes, not put them into films, and no place they are shown. No films are made, the fact.
Please see the link below if you like and advise me what to do to be helped and how do you think of my quality professionally, not friendly. Please rate me.

http://www.indietalk.com/showthread.php?t=59648

Hello Mostafa and welcome to indietalk.

Congratulations on getting Steven Spielberg to not only read your writing
but to comment. And such a positive comment!

I think you have some good ideas. The first thing you need to do is follow
the screenplay format. A great idea is terrific but if you want to write
screenplay you need to learn the proper format. Format is very easy. There
is software like Movie Magic and Final Draft that does the formatting for you.

It's very difficult to give you any professional advice because English isn't
your native language. Because of this there are many errors and mistakes
in your writing and it would be unfair to comment on your lack of English
writing skills.

Yes, you can be a successful writer. But here in the US you need to master
writing in English and learn the screenplay format before you can sell your
work. You have a lot of work ahead of you. Are you up to the challenge?

Thank you very much for your response. I was nearly hopeless to get a response, but thankfully one gave me a response. I think USA is very competitive country, and I don't want to lose a chance by only focusing on USA. In the other hand, best film makers go there and work in hollywood. And it is a great chance to make a good budget film in there than other parts of the world.
Yes, not to mention that most of heritage of hollywood today is thankful to works of Mr Spielberg. Although I did not watch them all because of being in different age than him, I like him so much.
I think Format is not big problem, I try to be in compliance with it. But my problem is that I AM NOT ENGLISH and I CAN'T BE so good after living in non English country. Although I need practice, but Iran's very inadequate in learning English. The few exist who could be well really.
I think it is good that I know software development, because it doesn't need good English knowledge and I can do it in out of Iran. But the problem of getting job in abroad only based on my resume is very challenging. Although, I am here to fight, so, let's go... Need help, though....

Thanks!

How did you get your writing to Spielberg? How did he respond to you? eMail?
You have already done what most U.S. writers have not done - get Spielberg
to read your writing and respond.

my friend. ;)

I never directly talked to Steven. It is better to forget about it. :P

I think my work is too hard, decided to work in Persian instead of English, or simple English if is standard which maybe not be. I think Persian would be my choice.

Thanks!

my friend. ;)

I never directly talked to Steven. It is better to forget about it. :P
But he saw your writing and told you that you are very smart even compared
to Hollywood writers. That is quite amazing and not easy to forget. I'm sorry
you won't tell us the story; how a writer from Iran got Steven Spielberg to see
his writing and comment on it. It would be an inspiration.

I talked to one, and the result is this: Steven Spielberg saw my writings and told that I am very smart even compared to Hollywood writers out there. But I am infamous and in Iran and he can't do help me.

i have many uncredited things behind myself, this is one of them. unfortunately, i w/out enough luck focused on the ambitions and got no response in life. did u read my notes in film?i pm-ed

Thanks!

Back