I love making movies

the title says everything you need to know about me. :)

I live in sweden, I make short movies, I got a few youtube channels, tutorials, sketches.
I have made 2 amateur movies (1,2h and 2h long)

But I want to step up my game so to speak.

just finished building my hackintosh. I use fcpx.
I love FCPX, I would like to use premiere pro instead, but its just so hard to leave the fluidity of fcpx.
premiere pro seems to be kind of rigid... (no offense to anyone who uses it, I'm saying rigid, because I haven't used it enough to figure out how to make it run fluidly, i understand you can make proxy files).

my film equipment is modest. I used to film with my canon t3 (600D), and my rode mic. But then I started filming in 4K, using the galaxy note 3 (what a smartphone as a camcorder???) yes, i like the quality of 4k, and I like filming with my note 3. But I am planning to get something like the panasonic fz1000.

anyway... Ive been looking for a forum where I can communicate with other filmmakers to learn how other do etc.

for 2016 i am planning to focus on good audio. I have figured that is my biggest flaw in my movies, bad audio.
So I'm getting the zoom h5, rode ntg2. any advice on good audio monitors (=speakers?

yours truly
Tommy

ps. I have been developing a script for 2 years, for my 3rd movie. I'm a bit stuck on it. But I have great hopes for it.

Sounds great! Welcome, Tommy.

There are some sound guys here who can give you some excellent advice. Also, you might try using the on-site search function at the top of the page for sound questions. There are quite a few threads on the subject with lots of advice and guidance from members like Alcove Audio and Audio Post Expert.

Oh?
What would you suggest instead?

not the ntg2 but (edited my post above) I see someone else already told you that in your other thread.

Personally I use an ntg3 outdoor and an audix scx-1 indoor recorded to a tascam dr-70d.
I'm asking for a sound devices mm-1 preamp for christmas.

I'm just a low end indie film hobbyist though, we have some actual audio pros here that will give you more informed advice than I can. what I know just comes from reading their posts and trying my best to understand.

Back