• Popcorn Points determine how popular a video is. You can click the popcorn bucket or simply react (Like, Love, etc.) and it will register a vote.

I just made a new feature about Squash called Drop-Shot. I would appreciate any feedback you might have! Thank you

I think you made the right call in terms of deciding against making this a musical. I just feel like the Squash court acoustics would have really interfered with the recording of the musical numbers, had there been any. I mean, If you wanted to make a sequel, and you made that one a musical, that might work, but for this first one, just really sticking the landing on your dramatic beats was the priority, and I feel like that comes through.

Last edited:
Ok, sorry about that, I was just really tired last night and made a joke instead of giving you some actual feedback. Here's some stuff that might actually be helpful.

1. When you're filming a movie, a lot of times you encounter sound recording situations that just won't work for one reason or another. A squash court, or a busy highway would be good example. Whether it's a lot of background noise, or just really harsh reverb, what people usually do in those situations is overdub the lines and try to recreate the verb environment in digital post.

2. Audio levels could use more design. In example a scene with someone walking on snow had the foley of the footsteps mixed up to a much higher volume level that made sense. Basically you want to listen carefully as you're mixing, and think about how loud things realistically are in relation to each other. So if a footstep and slamming a door are at the same volume level, you can assume that one of the levels is wrong.

3. For music and dialogue, you can use the baseline of "music at the top of the green, and dialogue at the top of the yellow" as a starting point, and then modify for dramatic effect as needed.

4. Purchasing a small gimbal and practicing with it would very likely allow you to create a smoother experience next time.

5. Extreme close up shots can be really effective, but you need to use them more sparingly. Think of it like hot sauce. It can be good, but you really don't want to use too much

Congratulations on finishing a longer form film, and I hope the feedback is useful.

Ok, sorry about that, I was just really tired last night and made a joke instead of giving you some actual feedback. Here's some stuff that might actually be helpful.

1. When you're filming a movie, a lot of times you encounter sound recording situations that just won't work for one reason or another. A squash court, or a busy highway would be good example. Whether it's a lot of background noise, or just really harsh reverb, what people usually do in those situations is overdub the lines and try to recreate the verb environment in digital post.

2. Audio levels could use more design. In example a scene with someone walking on snow had the foley of the footsteps mixed up to a much higher volume level that made sense. Basically you want to listen carefully as you're mixing, and think about how loud things realistically are in relation to each other. So if a footstep and slamming a door are at the same volume level, you can assume that one of the levels is wrong.

3. For music and dialogue, you can use the baseline of "music at the top of the green, and dialogue at the top of the yellow" as a starting point, and then modify for dramatic effect as needed.

4. Purchasing a small gimbal and practicing with it would very likely allow you to create a smoother experience next time.

5. Extreme close up shots can be really effective, but you need to use them more sparingly. Think of it like hot sauce. It can be good, but you really don't want to use too much

Congratulations on finishing a longer form film, and I hope the feedback is useful.
Thank you so much man! I will definitely apply these changes, I appreciate your help!

Back