I haven't introduced myself yet... Hi.

I think I just got so excited about joining in on the conversations that I forgot to write an introduction first.

Hi everyone, my name is Jonathan, but you can call me FilmmakerJ or FJ. I've been going by that name online for roughly 8-9 years now. And although in some ways it is a bit generic, I still like to think it exemplifies me. I am a filmmaker, through and through. And no matter what else I endeavor in or create artistically, my one and true passion is and always shall be film, and all aspects of it.

Funny thing, though, I actually enjoy animation much more than I do live-action--specifically 2D forms--primarily Japanese productions, because it is more visually stimulating, it has less boundaries on creativity and visual style, and my life has always been most deeply affected by the animated productions that I have watched and experienced.

One of my chief goals, in fact, is to find new and unique ways of incorporating concepts that I have picked up from the animation world in my live-action projects: things like character movement, camera angles and camera choreography, story-lines, character types, musical styles, cinematography, and so forth. There are many distinct differences between most animated productions and live-action productions, and I just think if there was a way to mix the two without literally doing something like Who Framed Roger Rabbit, then I'd like to be the one that tries it. I also think my love for animation would greatly help out if I was to ever adapt a cartoon to live-action, mainly because the transition is often done so awkwardly and without regard for stylistic consistency, or even just suspension of disbelief. So many cartoons could work in live-action, but many cannot. So if you don't really understand the cartoon to begin with, then you likely can't make wise decisions about adapting to a different medium.

A few other things about me. I regularly write blog reviews and essays about film, TV, and video-games on my website "thecinemawarehouse.com." I mostly cover titles that are rare, obscure, or underrated, but I've also covered a few mainstream titles because I felt I had something to say. My reviews are 50% technical and 50% emotional. I prefer not to make my reviews purely objective because that isn't staying true to who I am and the things that I'm feeling when I watch different films. But at the same time, I always try to give each film I watch the benefit of the doubt, and I point out anything that I believe was the intent of the filmmakers, even if it didn't come off in that way to me in the end.

One of my other passions is voice acting. I've done voice impersonation on Youtube for the better part of 10 years, and it has become one of my strongest personal assets. I'll aim to do a more thorough post on this aspect in the Promotions section later on.

I think I'm really going to enjoy my time here. And my hope is that my posts will be able to contribute something unique to the community here. You'll quickly notice that I tend to write a lot in my posts (they become lengthy) because I like to be thorough. But I find that there are many people out there who are looking for a thorough answer, so I like to be as helpful as I can be.

Hey man!

Sorry I am bombarding everyone today and saying hello to everyone on the welcome forum!.

Good to met other passionate filmmakers around!.

My name is Augusto Mak I am and indie Filmmaker from Brisbane Australia. I am honing my craft on short films at the moment, but hopefully one day I can do big badass feature films!

hopefully on the future you can show me some of your staff and I show you some of mine!

Au revoir for now! :)

Back